Chapter 9

Firepaw was ready. He felt the power of the Starclan warriors in his body, and leaped from the bushes into the valley. 

"I will not let you destroy the clans, Tigerstar!!"

Tigerstar turned around abruptly, and for a second he looked at Firepaw with fear and shock. "What?! Firepaw?! Where did you come from, murderer?!!"

But Firepaw growled back. "The only murderer I see here is you, and now everyone knows it!"

"So what? I don't care what the others think, if they don't want to listen they will have to die! If you are wishing to join them, show me what you've got..." 

Firepaw didn't back down at Tigerstar's threatening words. "I'm not scared of you. Starclan fights by my side, and with what do you fight? With nothing but big words and brute strenght. You're no worthy leader, you're a murderer!"

Tigerstar was clearly getting annoyed as his ears were flat on his head with anger. "And you're nothing but a weak apprentice, what could you possibly do to hurt me?!"

Nightpaw, who was still being held down by Tigerstar, looked at Firepaw with shock and fear. "Firepaw what are you doing? Tigerstar will shred you to pieces!!"

But Firepaw stood with pride. "Don't worry, I'm not alone. My ancestors are with me, I have Sparks powers inside me. And I will show Tigerstar what happens when he goes against Starclan's will!!!"

While he said that, he hurled himself at Tigerstar, who quickly pushed the apprentice away. But Firepaw didn't take time to stop and turned around right away to scratch Tigerstar's side. The brown tabby yowled and tried to hit Firepaw with his long claws, but missed because Firepaw quickly ducked down. "Watch what you're starting, kit!" The large warrior warned him. 

"This will... teach you... what... happenes when... you... banish me!!!" Firepaw yelled back while trying to dodge Tigerstar's moves.

"I hope you do realize your chances are zero! A great leader against.. a kittypet..."

"I AM NOT A KITTYPET!!!"

Firepaw had enough and threw himself at Tigerstar with anger. He didn't hesitate and clawed at his enemy. He felt blood streaming over his paws while Tigerstar screamed it out. Firepaw landed behind Tigerstar and looked behind him. Tigerstar was silent. He was shaking on his paws while holding his left front paw to his right eye. When he put his paw on the ground again, Firepaw saw that he had made a deep cut on Tigerstar's face, but he had just missed his eye.

Tigerstar shook the blood off his face and looked at Firepaw, his eyes filled with hate and anger. "I-I'll get you... Rommel!" He yowled loudly and leaped towards Firepaw, who quickly rolled around so Tigerstar landed under him instead. But Tigerstar kicked Firepaw away and threw him towards the river. The young tom landed at the edge of the water.

Firepaw groaned and wanted to get up, but suddenly a large claw pushed his head under the water. Shocked, Firepaw looked up and saw Riverclaw, a Waveclan warrior, standing above him. Firepaw tried to escape his grip, but he felt his energy slipping away. He wanted to scream the words, but he couldn't because he was still held under water...

But then Riverclaw let go, Firepaw quickly jumped up and breathed in the air. Panting, he sat down at the edge of the river. Only then he realized Riverclaw was still standing there next to him.  "W-why did you let go?" Firepaw asked him surprised.

Riverclaw didn't look him in the eye. "I tried to drown you on Tigerstar's order, but... A Starclan warrior appeared next to you. I realized I was being a murderer, and then I would be just as bad as Tigerstar, and he's very bad...

"But... then why do you follow him, if you know he's wrong? Firepaw asked with confusion.

"He took Stonestar's 5 last lives, our deputy and a few more warriors tried to stop him, but they were also killed by Tigerstar. Most of us don't want to follow him, but... we simply don't have a choice..."

Firepaw stood up straight. "Riverclaw, look at me."

The grey tabby turned his gaze towards Firepaw.

"You are an amazing Waveclan warrior. You're part of one of the four great warrior clans, we cannot lose you." Firepaw encouraged him. "You don't have to fight with him, you can also fight with us! Maybe you can't defeat Tigerstar and his gang on your own, but if you choose to stand up to him, Fireclan will fight with you. I promise.

Firepaw saw that Riverclaw was getting his trust back. "Do you think we will really be able to defeat him?!"

"Of course, if we stand together, nothing will be able to stop us. What do you say, will Waveclan stand against Tigerstar?"

Riverclaw stepped next to Firepaw and nodded. "Yes, we will fight..

And destroy Tigerstar!!"