Chapter 2

Rommel slowly walked through the dark forest. He carefully put his paws down, dead leaves cracker under his paw pads. The moonlight couldn't reach him because of the leaves and branches of the trees. The call of an owl was the only sound that he could hear. Or not... He heard something move behind him. He listened closely, but the sound disappeared again. Rommel tasted the air. He smelled something, but couldn't quite get what. And then something yelled from behind him, and a black shadow leaped on top of Rommel, who turned around immediatly. "Get off me!" he snarled at his attacked. But the black beast didn't let go. Instead, it pressend its claws even further into his skin. Rommel felt something sting in his hond paw, that was too much! He let himself fall down on the muddy earth. Now he could finally see who his opponent was, but when he saw it, he was surprised. The 'beast' was a young black she-cat!

The black she-cat looked at Rommel with her small, leaf green eyes. Rommel was still too surprised to actually say anything. The she-cat pressed him to the ground and watches him closely. "Who are you?!" she snarled at him. Rommel stayed quiet. "Well? Tell me!!" The she-cat was losing her patience. Rommel shook his head and answered quickly. "Ehh... My name is Rommel." 

"Why are you in our territory?!" The she cat wasn't going to get distracted. "Wait a minute..." she said, sniffing Rommel's scent. "Your scent! You're a kittypet!"

Rommel lookin in her bright green eyes. She wasn't really acting nice... 

The she-cat sniffend him again and then said: "Don't worry, I'm not gonna hurt you. Kittypets aren't a threat to us warriors."

Rommel was offended. "Not a threat? Are you saying I can't hurt you just because I live with my housefolk?!"

"Yes." the she-cat answered calmly. "I do think that you cannot hurt me."

"Nightpaw!"

A silver-colored she-cat appeared between the trees. "You aren't supposed to be out here alone at night! And you surely shouldn't start a fight on your own!"

"I'm sorry, Snowstar, I just thought I-"

"You're still an apprentice, I know your Warrior ceremony will be sometime this moon, but if you dont stop acting like this, I might delay it!"

Nightpaw flatterend her ears, embarrased with the light cat's, who appearently was named Snowstar, words. "And you," Snowstar was now looking at Rommel. "What's a kittypet like you doing out here in our woods?"

Rommel hesitated and looked around before he answered. "My name is Rommel, I came from the other side of the fence.."

"I can see that." Snowstar interrupted. "But why are you here?"

"I.. I've been led here by a Firecat..." Snowstar watched him with interest when she heard that, and then turned to Nightpaw. "Nightpaw, you are going to run back to camp this instant, and you will stay there this time!" Nightpaw ran away with hurry. "And with you, I would like to have a talk."

Snowstar sat down next to Rommel, before asking him more. "A Firecat, you say? Now, I'd like to hear more about that..."

Rommel thought. What exactly happened again tonight? "Ehm, the Firecat came to me in a dream. I don't remember exactly what happened, but he said something about 'go' or 'follow me...'" he started. "Then when I went to ask about it to my friend Karel, he said it was just a stupid dream. But I knew this was different, and then the Firecat appeared in the stars. He led me here."

Snowstar looked at him, surprised and interested. "I think the Firecat wanted you to meet Nightpaw tonight. Did you know, that four wild warriorclans room the forest? Woodclan, Stormclan, Waveclan, and us, Fireclan. The Firecat must be a warrior of Starclan, they are our ancestors that have passed away. I believe they have great plans for you..."

Rommel's exitement grew when he heard those names. "I know the clans! My mother taught me everything about you! And Starclan... plans for me?! You really think so?!"

Snowstar was surprised again. "A kittypet that knows everything about the clans.. I wonder how she knew all those things. And yes, I do think the have special plans for you, Rommel. But in order to fullfill that destin, we will need to change some things..." she hesitated.

"Do you want to join Fireclan?"