twenty three. new flesh

so this chapter is in carl's point of view which, as a writer, was a very interesting take. i see carl as this very down to earth person but no one can deny the fact that he is still a raging hormonal teen boy. but there's a sort of underlying poetic nature about him. he's hard on the outside, he has to be, but i feel like he's got this insanely soft inner core that notices and emphasizes every minor detail. he's had struggles throughout his character arch but i think that's made him more appreciative of the things around him. while it's obvious he and eleanor are both maturing, he is much more in touch with his sexuality and what it means while eleanor is more oblivious to it. so, let's step into the mind of a poetically horny teenage boy.

 so, let's step into the mind of a poetically horny teenage boy

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭-𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐬

𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚏𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚑

╚═══════════════╝

╚═══════════════╝

H I M

I woke up in a bed that wasn't mine.

My first thought was Oh, shit and my second thought was Five more minutes.

Because Eleanor Maude Tanner was curled on her side, so close one of her tawny curls was caught between my lips. She looked so small, so soft, tucked under the quilt. Her eyelashes dusted across her cheeks, she slept peacefully and without fret.

It was a little strange. Waking up in the same bed as a girl.

It was the early hours of the morning, maybe just after dawn. The newly risen sun, shielded by clouds, sending fresh white light spilling over the room followed by soft motes of dust spiraling lazily through the undisturbed air. I could already tell it was going to be another wet day, already drizzly against the window pane I had arrived through earlier.

It was also strange how, despite all the time we spent together, her room smelt so different than mine. I guess she, herself, smelt different, too. Like sunshine, no matter the weather, a little bit of pine tree, maybe even vanilla. Clean, warm, sharp.