thirty four. circle the drain

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞-𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐫𝐞

𝚌𝚒𝚛𝚌𝚕𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗

╚═══════════════╝

H E R

Once Negan left to terrorize the rest of Alexandria and I put Judith down for bed, I tried to shower off the entire day. My disturbance. Disgust. Shame. I scrubbed haphazardly at my hair, got beneath my fingernails, then rubbed my skin raw. But no amount of soap or steaming water helped. I felt like I couldn't get it off of me. What exactly I was trying to get off was hard to pin point. There was too much I wanted to rid myself of. I stood with my face tilted back under the hot trendils of water when the realizing I had to get out and face the world shook me from my stupor.

I couldn't convince myself to leave the bathroom, instead I left the shower on and burning hot, and sat against the tub wrapped in a towel watching all the glass and mirrors fog up. I knew it was a waste but I figured running on expired time gave me an exception to do so anyways.

Then, there was a knock on the door. I didn't answer but was intruded upon nonetheless.

"Hey." It was Carl. Still in his henley and jeans, closing the door behind him.

I didn't want to look at him. I was still upset with what he had done. I tightened my towel around myself and scowled at the vanity cupboard directly in front of my gaze.

"Negan's gone." He said after he realized I wasn't going to respond. A moment passed before he approached, sliding down the shower door to sit beside me. "Eleanor?"

I wanted to continue ignoring him but suddenly he was enveloping me in the warm embrace of his arms, scooping me in close.

His forehead on my shoulder, face buried in my neck. I felt him say something, but couldn't catch it. "Put your head on the other side, that's the ear I can't hear from." He obliged.