Memories (OC x Jasper {Request})

A/N: This was a request for 🌟Jasper Scraps🌟 on the Steven Universe amino. They wanted a fanfic of their OC, Jasper Scraps x (Canon) Jasper. I hope you enjoy this little one-shot .^-^

A Jasper, siding with these weaklings. You should be ashamed of yourself; you're not a soldier, you're pathetic.

It was suffocating sitting in that cell. It seemed like the walls were closing in on her, and she despised this shade of green. Scraps had tried to escape already; she'd charged headfirst into the wall of light keeping her trapped, only to be thrown back against the wall. She punched, kicked, and clawed at the walls, desperate to get out of there. Now she was leaning back against the wall of her cell, wondering how much tome had passed since she was brought here.

Jasper didn't recognise her. She was sorta surprised, even though she knew she shouldn't have been. It had been centuries, and her appearance and certainly changed a lot since they had last seen each other. But still, the fact that she hadn't even been remotely similar to Jasper kinda stung.

She recalled the days when they had served together. Pink Diamond was an inexperienced leader, but Scraps and Jasper had devoted themselves to her entirely anyway. Jasper always looked up to Pink, the one she was created for. Scraps had in turn looked up to her for her loyalty, devotion, and strength. They spent a lot of time together, and they grew pretty close, but Scraps didn't think she could have called it a friendship. It was just... what it was.

"I don't get it."

A hoarse voice caused Scraps to jump up, spinning to face the corridor and crouching into a defensive position. Jasper stood, staring her down. Her eyes were sharp and cold, and Scraps found herself in a stand off with her once close friend. They stood, unmoving, for what seemed like an eternity, before Jasper finally broke the crippling silence.

"How can you fight for them?" She asked, he fists clenched at her sides. Those words shot through Scraps like knives through her stomach, sharp and painful. "After everything you puny rebels have done. Your so-called righteous leader shattered my Diamond. You're nothing without her, are you?"

Scraps swallowed, still staring up at her, but she stood more relaxed now. Jasper's jaw was clenched tightly, her fists trembling with fury, and her eyes were filled with a hateful bloodlust. Of course she'd bring this up. Jasper had never been one to let go of a grudge. Scraps smiled sadly, which only made Jasper more furious. "What the hell are you giving me that look for? I asked you a question, traitor!"

"You really don't recognise me, do you?" Scraps chuckled sadly, but Jasper only scowled. "Well, I know I've changed, but damn. I recognised you right off the bat, J."

Jasper was ready to start screaming. If she had her way then this stupid thing that dared call itself one of her own would be shattered into a million tiny shards. She opened her mouth, words of pure resentment. But then it hit her, and the words died on her tongue. She simply stood, staring into this pair of strangely familiar eyes.

"You..." She started, leaning closer to the wall of light between them, trying to distinguish her features through this yellow filter. Her eyes widened as it finally clicked, and Scraps grinned back at her shocked expression. "Scraggles..." She muttered.

"Hey, you do remember, I'm flattered." Scraps laughed. Jasper almost smiled at the sight of her smile, the sound of her beautiful laugh, all the wonderful memories that she hadn't thought about for thousands of years. Almost. Instead, she growled.

Scraps joyous chuckling dissolved into nervous laughter. Jasper was filled with a sudden white-hot rage, and she was ready to kill this traitor. She slammed her fist into the wall, trembling from head to toe with a murderous resentment.

"You fight for the people who killed her? For the people who ought against our leader and murdered hundreds of our soldiers? Pink Diamond would be disgusted with the likes of you. I am disgusted with the likes of you. How dare you call yourself a jasper?"

Scraps noticed how close Jasper was to the barrier. If she moved forward another inch, she'd shock herself backwards. Scraps opened her mouth to warn her of this, to try to calm her down, but Jasper simply yelled over her.

"I can't believe this. I trusted you, I looked out for you, I... I..."

Scraps stared at her, her gut twisting with pity, regret, and sorrow. She wanted to reach out, to hold her until she stopped trembling, to make her believe that it was okay. She wanted to explain everything, to tell her everything that had happened since Pink's death. She wanted to show her the Earth, to show her all the wonders of her world and make her understand why she couldn't bring herself to destroy it. Scraps reached out to place a hand on her shoulder instinctively, but the barrier between then sent a painful burst shooting up her arm, and she cried out, clutching her hand tightly.

For a brief moment, a look of concern passed over Jasper's face, and Scraps thought that there might be little bit of the gem who she had cared for so deeply left hiding behind those cutting eyes. But before she could finish this thought, the gentle sound of soft singing drifted towards them from down the hall.

Scraps loosened the grip on her wrist slightly, recognising the voice of the sweet melody. "Sapphire... That means Ruby's here somewhere, too." She mumbled.

Jasper screamed, and punched the wall again. The force field shivered at the impact. Jasper shot one last venomous glance at Scraps, and she flinched backwards at the pure murderous intent that danced behind Jasper's eyes. "I hate you, Scraggles. I hope they shatter you when we get back to Homeworld. If I  had my way, you'd already be dead."

With that she stormed off down the hallway, her feet stomping loudly against the metal floor. "Jasper!" Scraps called, but she ignored her, and Scraps was left staring helplessly after her retreating form. She laughed a little to herself; a hopeless, lost sort of chuckle, as a single tear slipped down her cheek.

"At least she remembers me."

A/N: Yaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy, angst. Well not like deep angst, but angst. I can write even angstier(???) than this. Fucking WATCH ME-

I hope you guys enjoyed this! Don't forget to vote, share, and comment; it helps more than you think! 😛
I love you guys, take care of yourselves. Adios, my lil' coffee beans.
☕❤️