Apprentice (OC x Bismuth {Request})

A/N: So, this one was a request for FIRE QUARTZ on the SU amino. They wanted a scenario where their OC, Krystal, met Bismuth for the first time and learned to blacksmith.

Krystal huffed, trudging up the pathway towards the so-called "forge". When Rose had told her she could take the warp pad to get there, she hadn't realised that she'd have such a long walk from there. "Thanks for the warning, pinky." She mumbled.

Krystal was still new to the Crystal Gems. She wasn't even used to Earth yet, and found a lot of the stuff they did here strange, so she usually just hung out with the other rebels. She didn't have a specific role, but she didn't mind all that much. She usually just ran around, helping different people with different things.

Rose had asked her what she wanted to do; she'd been honest and told her that there wasn't really anything specific. But Rose had been insistent, trying to figure out what would be best for her. In the end, she'd come up with the perfect solution. "Go to the forge and find Bismuth," She'd told Krystal, with stars in her eyes. "You haven't met her yet, but she'll show you something cool,;I think you'll like it a lot."

Krystal had agreed, and spent the rest of the day wondering what she was going to do, who this Bismuth was, and why she'd never met her before. The air was thick with humid smoke, and everything seemed so dull and lifeless. Finally, Krystal arrived at the top, where a figure was leaning against the mountain side.

She kicked a pebble on her way past, and the figure looked up. Bismuth pushed herself off of the wall and took a few steps towards her. "Krystal, right?" She asked, looking her up and down briefly and holding out her hand. Krystal nodded, and reached out, shaking her hand firmly. Bismuth grinned. "Great! The name's Bismuth, but I guess Rose told ya that much. C'mon, I'll show you inside."

Krystal was about to ask where exactly "inside" was, but a solid block wedged into the mountain caught her eye. Bismuth stood in front of it, and held her hands up to her chest. Her gem glowed a soft pink colour, and the ground shook. Krystal held out her arms to keep her balance, and watched on in amazement as the block caved away to reveal a passage into the mountain.

Bismuth turned to her and grinned. "Well, you coming?" She walked inside, and Krystal jogged up behind her. The passage was dark and had an echo to it. At the end of the passage, a door slid open. Inside was what seemed like a workshop, filled with blacksmith tools and weapons of all types.

"Woah..." Krystal said, too dumbstruck to say anything else as she stared all around her. "So this is what Rose meant when she said you had something to show me." Bismuth laughed, and walked over to the back of the room. Her fist glowed the same shade of pink that her gem had and morphed into a hammer, which she brought down on the pillar before her. A faint rumbling resounded through the room, and then a cascade of lava poured down onto her.

She stepped out of the glowing hot avalanche and stretched her arms. "Alright! So, you ready for me to show you the ropes?" She asked, leaning over the anvil and smirking up at Krystal. It took a few moment for her to understand, but then it clicked; this was what Rose had wanted her to do.

She though that Krystal would make a good blacksmith.

"Umm..." Krystal mumbled, thinking it through. She wasn't used to having any major responsibilities, and a job like this seemed demanding to say the least. She wasn't sure if she was exactly qualified for this, especially since her whole purpose was to be a soldier. That's what Quartz's are made for.

"Aw, c'mon Krys." Bismuth called. "It's not like it's a real job. Just think of it as more of an apprenticeship."

Krystal hummed, and her thoughtful expression was quickly replaced with a grin. Bismuth matched her expression, and Krystal cracked her knuckles. "Alright, let's go then." She chuckled.

"Okay Krys, show me what you got."