Runaways (OC Request)

A/N: So this one's for blue on the SU amino. They wanted a story about their OC, Golden Pearl, and The Fanatic's OC, Mystic Black Pearl. Enjoy, y'all.

Mystic Black Pearl was stood at the controls of the ship, frantically steering her and her companion through the stars. She swallowed the lump in her throat, and tried to focus on the control panel, but the presence behind her was far too distracting. After a while, she sighed heavily, and turned around.

Golden Pearl had her knees drawn up to her chest, and had her face buried into her arms. Her hair splayed out messily around her head, and Misty recalled the feeling of the strands slipping between her fingers. She set the pod to autopilot, and walked over to where Goldie was slumped against the wall. She stiffened ever so slightly as Misty slid her back down the wall and sat next to her, but made no effort to shift away.

"Are you...?" But Misty didn't even know where to begin. Everything had happened so fast, and she could barely remember what had happened. But it was like the entire experience was branded into Goldie's mind. The two of them had met up whilst Larimar and Onyx had been in a meeting, and after weeks of planning, they had finally made a run for it. They had dreamed of the day when they'd be able to live in peace, to love each other freely, and they were dead set on finding a place where they could do just that. Larimar's ship was fairly easy to get the hang of controlling once Misty adjusted to the slight differences in controls from Onyx's ship. Goldie was frozen with fear as she watched the Rubys run towards them, and called out to Misty. She hesitated for a mere moment, but when she met Goldie's fear-stricken eyes, she knew that she would never let anything happen to her, and so they took off. Both of them remembered the shocked, disappointed and furious faces of their masters.

Misty shuddered slightly, and glanced over at Goldie's slouched form. She hooked her arm around her shoulders, and placed a gentle kiss on the top of her head. She rested her head against the messy head of hair beside her, and stared at the stars that seemed to soar by them. They were free to exist in any way that they wished, and Misty found herself unreasonably envious of them.

Goldie shifted slightly, and finally lifted her head. Her eyes peeked out from between locks of her pale golden hair, tinged red and shimmering with unshed tears. "Misty..." She mumbled, turning to her. Misty's eyes widened a fraction at the sight of her expression, and she reached up to brush her cheek with her thumb, humming in acknowledgement. "Are we gonna be okay?"

Misty couldn't help but smile, and leaned over, placing a peck on the end of Goldie's nose. "We're gonna be just fine, Goldie. You trust me, right?" Goldie nodded, and fell forwards, hiding her face in the crook of Misty's neck. Misty held her tightly, absentmindedly stroking her hair as she felt warm tears start to soak her skin. Goldie was shaking, trying to choke back the sobs that she had been holing in for hours. Misty shushed, hummed, and comforted Goldie, until the two of them were sat together on the floor, curled up in silence.

Goldie lifted her head up, her tear stained cheeks reflecting the light. She placed a gentle kiss on Misty's lips, who responded ever so gently. The kiss was sweet, soft, and subtle; more so a reminder that neither of them was alone in this universe than anything else. Simply a silent way for the two of them to communicate everything they had wanted to say to each other without the need for words. And underneath it all was one, simple, beautiful message:

I love you.