A Little Bit Lost (OC Request)

A/N: So this one was request for Lavenders on the SU amino. They wanted a scenario where their OCs, Rose Quartz and Amethyst got stuck on Earth together, so I kinda just spat this out.

"Amethyst!" Rose called, pushing a few branches aside as she stepped through the brambles. Something caught in her curled hair, and she almost jumped out of her skin, spinning around with widened eyes. But it was just a twig, and Rose stood there with her hand over her mouth. This planet was so messy and strange, so unlike Homeworld. And yet that made it so much more exciting for them to be here.

Meanwhile, Amethyst was cartwheeling around and laughing. By the time Rose does eventually find her, she's lying on the grass and giggling like a maniac. But Rose can't help the small smile that creeps onto her lips as she crouches down next to her. Neither of them spoke for a while, just staring up at the sky and watching the fluffy clouds pass overhead.

"The sky here is so blue." Rose whispered, and Amethyst hummed. "It's strange how... different everything is here." Rose wasn't sure what she'd been expecting, really. She'd seen the human zoo before, and she'd watched the humans going about their lives. They seemed so peaceful and happy there, so she'd assumed that Earth must be the same. But this place seemed so much less exotic.

The two of them had managed to escape Homeworld on a ship, and ended up landing on Earth. Lavender Diamond likely hadn't noticed that the two of them were even gone, but Rose knew that the disappearance of one of her pods wouldn't go unnoticed. Amethyst, on the other hand, was much more concerned with how much attention their landing had drawn. Her role was to protect Rose, and that was exactly what she intended to do. She rested her hands underneath her head and closed her eyes, listening for footsteps or snapping twigs.

"Hey, Amethyst." Rose said. Amethyst opened one eye to look at her, but Rose was staring up at the sky. Something was pulling at her chest, but she wasn't sure what, and the words dried up in her throat. Amethyst sat up, gently took Rose's hand in hers and laced their fingers together. Rose looked back to her, only to find that she was smiling at her. She leaned forward and placed a quick kiss on Rose's cheek, and a moment later the two of them were sat there laughing and blushing. Freedom was sweet.

A small rustling noise sounded from the edge of the clearing, and Amethyst spun around. Rose gripped her forearm, watching the bushes with a fearful tint to her eyes. Her free hand hovered over her stomach, ready to summon her weapon, while the other squeezed Rose's reassuringly.

A small from rolled out of the leaves and stopped right in front of the two of them. Whoever it was wore a beaming grin. They were short and purple skinned, and seemed to be... another gem?

"Guys, check it out!" She called back into the bushes, before running right up to Amethyst and laughing. "It's another Amethyst. Aw, this is so cool!"

"Amethyst!" A voice called, and another gem emerged from the bushes. She was skinnier and paler, with her gem on her forehead; she looked like a Pearl. She was immediately followed by another, taller gem, with darker skin and hidden eyes. The other Amethyst ran back to them when the taller one waved her back. Then a small boy, with poofy hair and a red shirt with a star on it followed after them. He seemed human, but Rose and Amethyst were still wary.

Amethyst stood up, and Rose did too, stepping back a few paces as Amethyst drew her sword. The other gems armed themselves, and the boy stepped back, seemingly confused. Neither of them made a move, just staring each other down. The wind whipped passed them, disturbing the still image.

Amethyst jumped forward, colliding with the Pearl and bringing her sword down. Pearl blocked it with her spear, and pushed her backwards, and suddenly the tallest gem was throwing punches at Amethyst. She spun around frantically, blocking attacks from every angle. "Rose, run!" She called, slashing out at all three of them.

"Wait, stop!" A voice called, and suddenly Amethyst's vision was clouded with pink. The boy was standing before her, his hands out in front of him with his eyes squeezed shut. The two of them seemed to be trapped in a bubble. Rose ran towards them, pounding on the bubble with her fists. Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes.

"Steven!" Pearl called. "What are you doing? You know Homeworld gems are dangerous!

"Dude, get out of there!" The shorter Amethyst called.

Rose ran around to the front, standing between the Crystal Gems and the bubble. "Please, we don't mean any harm. I'm the one who decided we should land the ship here, not her. We just needed somewhere to go. I'm sorry." Tears started streaming down her face, and she fell to her knees.

"Rose!" Amethyst called, her sword disappearing. Steven lowered the bubble and she ran to Rose's side, falling to her knees next to her and putting an arm around her shoulders. She wiped her tears away with one hand, gently shushing her. The others simply watched on, surprised by this display of emotion.

"See?" Steven said, running round and grabbing onto Garnet's leg. "They won't hurt anyone."

After a few beats of silence, Garnet walked forward. She crouched down in front of Rose, and held out her hand. Pearl smiled, Amethyst grinned, and Steven cheered. Rose stared down at Garnet's hand, realising she wanted her to shake it, whilst Amethyst loosened her grip on her shoulders.

"Welcome to Earth."

A/N: Woooooooooo idk.