f o r t y

sorry for the slow update!
haven't really been motivated
lately, but i'm trying today :)

-

the counting down had nearly begun, only five minutes left till they ended the year and started a new one. it all seemed great, people were having fun, drinks were being served.

"yoongi, i want to kiss you at twelve,"

yoongis eyes widened. his family was there, and they didn't even know that he and joona had broken up. but, he did to want to kiss jimins plump lips as the fireworks struck. it was an amazing yet horrible idea.

the family was starting to gather outside, only two minutes being left. they were starting to put up fireworks, making small talk with their neighbors who were all doing the same.

"ten! nine!"

the counting had begun, and the two were sure. they hadn't spoken about it yet, but they both knew they wanted their new years kiss. everyone was watching the fireworks anyways, so why couldn't they kiss right?

"eight! seven! six"

yoongi turned jimin to face him, his eyes sparkling in the reflection of early lit fireworks, making the gold specs pop out. his skin looked so soft, the chub in his cheeks hugging the shape of his face. his brown hair framed it all so perfectly, as his tender body was held together by a big coat.

"five! four! three!"

they were starting to shuffle agains one another, standing all the way at the back off the clusterfuck with people, too focused on their silly rockets and firecrackers to notice.

"two! one! happy new year!"

and at those words, jimins chin was lifted up, making yoongis lips hit his. they morphed together perfectly, the sound of cheering people in the back. the two maybe stayed together like this, for a bit too long, but they didn't mind. the moment when they kissed, yoongi and jimin both felt as if they could concur the world.

the pulled back, as literal and metaphorical fireworks struck around them, splatters if green, red and blue filling the night sky.

"happy new year, yoonie,"

"happy new year, minnie,"

they stayed smiling at each other like that for a bit, hands still connected. then they realized that everyone was there.

they had been seen.

joona.

fucking joona.

she was standing in front of the hurdle. everyone looked shocked, yoongis dad was crying as his mom was nodding her head no silently. suddenly the fireworks weren't the background noises anymore, they were the mos prominent sound now on jimins ears. he could only hear the high screeching of gunpowder filled rockets shooting up in the air, the explosions sounding like bombs.

"yoongi..,"

his mother slowly walked towards them. she still had a disgusted look on her face, but maybe, just maybe, a bit of sentiment was shown.

"c-can i explain? can w-we explain?" he said, signing to the younger boy holding his hand. mrs min hesitated, but nodded. she took them inside, telling the rest off the family that they should ignore this all and focus on the fireworks. they tried to ignore this, but the fact that they had just witnessed two boys kissing, ruined their evening. in their eyes, this was the worst thing that could've happened.

"so as you may have realized, i'm gay," yoongi said. a hot mug of tea in front of him, and a tearing jimin besides him. he was fidgeting with hem of his sleeve, avoiding all eye contact with mrs min.

she didn't give yoongi a sign to continue talking, the older woman just stayed silent, slowly putting her hair behind her ears. since she didn't give any sort of sign to make yoongi continue talking, he just did himself.

"i met jimin in college, our story is quite sweet, but i don't think you're interested,"

he looked up.

"i am not, no. continue,"

the disapproval of his mom made him shed a tear, but yoongi was a grown up man so he wiped it away and continued talking.

"i broke up with joona because of jimin. i love him so much, mom,"

again he looked up at her, but she didn't say anything. only a couple tears formed in the pockets of her eyes as she tried to accept the fact that this was yoongi. this was her son.

"joona isn't pregnant, i am not the dad, at least. i wasn't happy with joona, but i am with jimin,"

and now he started rattling. word vomit flowing from his lips as his breathing got hitched so now and then.

"joona didn't make me happy mom, jimin did. this boy showed me more happiness in only three months then joona did i'm about seven years. he is who i want to be with, even though he is a boy. and i know you don't want this mom, i know you and dad want what's best for me but please, please-"

his tears were full on rolling now, as he spoke and spoke about his love for this one silly boy. but his mom shushed him.

"yoongi, just, go please,"

and so, he nodded, got up with jimin following him. they packed their bags. jimin called an uber, letting him pick them up a few blocks from there, so the family wouldn't notice.

jimins cheeks were tear stained, and so were yoongis. they both had ugly lines across their cheeks and chin indicated that they'd been sad, that they'd cried.

luckily the uber didn't question.

he dropped them off at a cheap hotel where they'd stay the night, buying last minute tickets to seoul online. the original idea was for them to carpool with yoongis aunt, who was going to seoul for a business trip the following day, but they could both best believe that wasn't going to happen.

-

yeet

feelings on today's chap?

qotd; what is your opinion on
use of weed?

answer; i'm cool with it, it's been
legalized a long time ago where
i live so i kinda grew up with
knowing about the use off it

- maria