Arc 1: ~Chapter 1~

This lovely animation of this chapter was made by Alisha-chan!

———Ink's POV———

I walked into the office casually as I held my colourful cup of coffee. It was 7 in the morning and the boss called me in for an important meeting.

Yes. I'm Ink, one of the top police in the force and the one with the biggest habit of drawing everywhere. I mean, you can't blame me! Art is awesome!

As I walked through the doors, several officers saluted to me before sitting down. I gave them a small nod before entering the boss's office.

The boss sat down on a large leather chair, facing the huge windows which showed the view of the sunrise. Several buildings were scattered everywhere along with skyscrapers and shops. As I made steps forward, he heard me and swivelled his chair around.

"I thought you were a stealthy one," he chuckled as he gestured me to sit down.

"Ha. Try being stealthy this early in the morning," I joked back as I sat down on the comfortable chair.

"Well, since this IS an important meeting, let's get down to business," he said sternly as I nodded my head in approval.

"In our list of wanted criminals, we also have several of these criminals ganging up to make a team. This would make things a little more difficult for us but also a little easier. Since they're all together, we can catch a few of them one at a time,"

"That sounds great,"

"Ah. There is a catch. We also have the most wanted criminal Error, in the gang,"

"Goddammit. I guess we just got to go up a notch in this game," I replied.

"Good. Now obviously I do not want you to do this mission alone so I allow you to pick your choice. Now get out of here and have fun with the mission," the boss laughed and Ink smiled.

"Guess I'll see ya later," I snickered and left the office.

"ARE YOU GOING TO BE DEMOTED??!" Someone screamed in my nonexistent ears.

"Blue. I just got a mission," I said, rubbing my temples.

"Oh thank god you are OK!" Blue said cheerfully as he hugged me tightly. I swear to god I'll die by his bear hands one day.

"Heya Ink!" Dream said, walking alongside Geno, who looks as tired as usual.

"Hey Dream, hey Geno. Did you get any sleep last night?" I asked.

"Of course I didn't. Still them loud music," Geno said. I knew he was not telling the full truth but I trust him since he's one of my friends.

"So, since we are all here, I have a mission by the boss and this one's gonna be a tough one," I said. Dream and Blue looked worried but determined while Geno's face was gleaming.

"Finally, some action in this stupid place!" He exclaimed as I continued.

"The mission is to track down one of the leading gangs in the country. However, we have a problem. Error CQ is in this particular gang so taking it out like we normally do would be a disaster,"

"Well I guess we'll find another way!" Dream said. I noticed Geno had a small hint of sadness before it got washed away by tiredness. Honestly couldn't tell if he was sad or my brain not getting enough coffee.

"The boss has allowed me to pick the team so I'll grab y'all since you are my friends!" I said cheerfully as they were smiling.

"Great. Let's get a move on!"

———Unknown POV———

I saw Nightmare's pathetic brother and his cheap little friend talking to each other 'happily'. I can't stand this idiocy so I left searching for HIM. HE is one of my targets yet I'm his target. Guess I'll have to be careful now.

I walk into the market with my face covered. Showing one bit of my face could lead a hundred police officers in this area. No exaggeration added.

I walk around, stealing stuff behind people's back and 'borrowing' a few wallets and purses there. I couldn't care less but we needed this to get food or money.

Stealing wasn't one of my best records. I mean, I've done a lot worse than you may think.

I quietly slip in and out the market with ease as I headed beak to the hideout. It was located underneath Red's house which he had allowed us to use since we were all old time friends. Ha, I've never wondered that my friends could be this evil too.

As I get through the basement through the secret passageway, I was greeted by a angry,oily skeleton.

"Where were you?"

"Getting food"

"For this long?"

"I was just getting some food before I saw your kind, little brother,"

"Why don't you shut up and bring the food. Everyone is starving!" He was getting pissed off but I didn't mind.

"Speak for yourself. You asked me, one of the top criminals to go get food. Why couldn't Killer do it. He is the master of disguise,"

"Shut it. He did it last week and complained that he didn't want to do this week. And, well, you know the others,"

"Why couldn't you go into your passive form, NIGHTMARE,"

"One day I'll slit your throat and I'll be the one laughing," Nightmare said, almost about to burst in fury. His tentacles were twitching so I decided to stop.

"Jeez ok ok. I've got the food. Let's eat,"

 Let's eat,"

Dammit. I've lost him. Just when I was about to arrest him and he's already gone. Screw that assassin. He always knows how to get out under the radar.

Ugh. I need to get myself a drink. It's too late for me to be up. I'll check the airport security tomorrow morning to see if he had escaped the country. Most likely but just a check.

Huh. I wonder what he would be doing. More killing? I'd suppose so but his report states that he has a family. Do you suppose he went to find them?

Oh well. It's too late to think now.

I'll find you

And you can't escape next time.