~Chapter 31~

--- Dream's POV ---

"DON'T. TOUCH. ME"

After hearing the somewhat distorted voice coming out of Geno was terrifying at every level. Blue slowly cowered in fear as Geno harshly shoved Ink to the ground, his one eye light being crimson red. Like blood. I held Blue as he started shaking while Cross couldn't speak.

Not seconds later did Cross bring out his weapon and pointed at the supposed 'Geno' who was busily looking at Ink. 'Geno' soon looked at his hands, slightly twitching them in an odd manner while the glitch cloud covering his right eye started to glitch even further. Ink rubbed his head in pain and slowly backed up away from him.

"Geno. Stop it. This is not a game," Cross said sternly. The only response he got was a glare.

"Oh I'm not playing a game here," he said, slightly chuckling while holding onto the scarf. Cross furrowed his brow in anger and threw himself at him, with an accurate aim he slung his knife at him. However things did not go as planned.

'Geno' caught the knife at the sharpest point, making a slice on his fingers as it seeped blood. That was the least of his worries as he simply snatched the knife out of Cross's hands, making him lose grip and tumbling to the ground. A drip of blood fell onto the ground as 'Geno's' hands were covered in it.

"That's a nice knife. It'd be a shame if something happened to it," he said grinning creepily. With the super strength he had suddenly gained out of nowhere, he bent the knife. My eyes widened with shock, Ink and Cross sharing similar faces. Ink soon snapped out of it and got up, giving a gesture to Cross.

--- Ink's POV ---

Ok that was the last straw. There's obviously something wrong with Geno and there was no way he had that much of strength in him like that. He learned specific fighting techniques for him to apply to become an undercover police officer. Thankfully I learnt the exact same and some magic tricks. Quickly I got up giving a gesture to Cross. I quickly focused on my mind, thinking thoroughly about the magic I was going to perform. Then with a click of a finger, I managed to make my weapon appear. My trusty paintbrush.

Gripping it tightly I closed in on 'him' as Cross helped. Once I was at a certain distance, I rushed forward, slinging my brush with the special green ink. Just as 'he' was going to land a punch, the paint formed into a shield, blocking me from the attack. At that critical moment, Cross jumped in to hold him down. Everything was going well until something unexpected happened.

'He' quickly fell to the ground and kicked Cross off balance again. With Cross being down, 'he' closed in on him. Before he could land another attack, a blur of light blue pierced past me, hitting 'his' shoulder. 'He' hissed in pain as there was a glowing blue arrow sticking out. I looked back to see Dream with a bow and another 'special' arrow. He looked at him angrily before simply pulling it out and running out of the station.

"After him! We can't let him go!" I shouted as I ran out quickly. As I was out, I saw 'him' running down the block and taking a sharp turn.

"I'll cut him off!" Cross shouted as he rushed his way through the crowded area. I continued to run, looking for the turn he ran into. I looked in each one of them but hey had no signs of 'him'. I called Cross through the walkie talkie immediately.

"Any signs of him?" I said while taking deep breaths of air.

"No. Is he on your side?" he replied. Dammit. We lost him.

——— Nightmare's POV———

I sat by the porch of Red's door. He had thankfully allowed us a place to stay so we were at least under a roof. It was late night so I was able to go outside without anyone noticing me.

I calmly looked at the stars that glistened above me, all of them are small hopes and dreams amongst the deep negativity. I sighed at the thought and continued to daydream.

After what felt like hours did I hear shuffling down the road. Another civilian. I took a deep breath as I slightly hid myself behind the fence, not to make myself like a weirdo. I took a peek to see a hooded figure walking slowly.

Out of curiosity, I got out of the uncomfortable position I was and stood up to get a clear look at this person's face. They continued to walk until they suddenly halted at our house. They were standing unnaturally still, with their face still covered.

Knowing this guy was already a threat, I turned around to go back to call Error. He knows how to deal with guys like these without murder. Me killing someone could possible bait us out again.

I quickly spun around to the door only to see the person leaning on the porch, blocking the door.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you,"

"What the hell are you? Some sort of creep who can't keep his nose out of other people's business!" I silently growled as he gave an odd smile, their body slightly glitching. I had enough when my tentacles started twitching in anger.

"It's none of your concern. I came here for a deal," he said while scratching his chin.

"Why would I make a deal with you?" I asked, going with the flow as I slowly moved forward.

"Maybe because you're a good ally, maybe for something else~" he responded, clearly taking it as a joke.

"Go to hell," I said darkly, giving my own sinister smile. He gave a slight chuckle which immediately reminded me of someone. "What? I've never met you ..." I said as my memories flashed before my eyes, pinpointing where I heard it from.

"The... mansion..?" I said slowly to see the guy laughing creepily.

"There's your clue," he said quietly as I saw a flash of light before I completely blacked out.