Chapter 6- Merida's POV

Berk was beautiful. The ocean, the island itself, it was all amazing. The skies were clear as dragons flew past. It looked like some dragon riders were playing some sort of game. Everyone on the island was full of life. It wasn't always like that in Dun Brouch.

I walked a little further until I was off of the ship and on the dock. As I walked I tried to take it all in. "Merida!" Hiccup called behimg me. I turned around to see him trying to catch up with me. It was the first time I noticed he had a missing foot. I didn't want to say anything about it so I looked away. "I'll show you where you're going to stay..." He walked with me.

As we both walked through the village, he showed me things people normally do around here. Fishing, hunting...and of course riding dragons. It made me wish I lived here. He finally showed me a house that seemed to be bigger than anyone elses. "Is this your home?" I asked looking at it. Hiccup nodded and opened the door. "I'll show you your room." I walked in behind him and he lead me to a room across from his. "This is my mom's room but she's on a trip and I don't know when she'll be back."

I walked into the room and looked around, "Can I wear these cloths?" I asked when I opened the wardrobe. "Yeah, any of them." He looked behind me to the window, "It's getting late...I'll be across the hallway if you need me and my dad sleeps downstairs." As he left he closed the door.

I looked out the window to see how late it really was. Sunset...He probably had important things to do being the son of the chief and all. I just asumed he was. His house is bigger than all the others after all. No wonder his mom had such nice clothes, she was the wife of the chief.

You know, when I got kidnapped I expected to be thrown in a dungeon and starved to death. But instead I was here...Not that I'm complaining. This place was amazing. Even with all of this, I still wanted my family to come and find me. And I knew they would and soon.