Chapter 13- Hiccup's POV

Nine weeks later we get a letter from Dun Broch. I opened the letter slowly and began to read. My eyes widened as I read the letter. They were going to bring all the Clans to Berk...And not only did they say they were going to take Merida back, they were going to take our dragons. We've had a situation like this before and it was probably bigger than this one and we won that. But there was no way I was going to show this letter to Merida...It wasn't because I didn't want her to be with her family again. I just didn't know how she would react if she knew they were going to attack us. I took the letter and hid it in my pocket. I'd show it to my dad later. He needed to know about this. The only thing I was scared about was that they didn't say when they were coming...I'd have to show it to him now.

I ran to The Great Hall with the letter in my hand. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and accidentally ran into someone. We both fell onto the ground. I quickly got up and helped them up as well. My eyes widened. It was Merida and she had seen the letter gripped in my hand as I helped her up.

She furrowed her eyebrows, "What's that?" She asked reached for the letter. "Nothing!" I said pulling the letter away from her reach, "It's nothing you need to worry about." I told her but she was not convinced. "I know you're lying. What is it?" She reached for the letter again so I ran. I looked behind me to make she she wasn't following. She was. She was a fast runner to. I ran faster trying to get to the Great Hall.

Once I got there I quickly opened the doors then slammed them shut. Merida was soon banging on the door yelling at me to let her in. My back was pressed against the door trying to keep her out. I looked up and saw my dad giving me a stange look. "Da-" Merida tried to push the door open. Why was she so stong? "There's a le-" I was cut off again by Merida trying to open the door. "There's a letter for you." I finally got out. Merida was still trying to open the door. I hoped she would get tired soon.

My dad ran up to me and grabbed the letter and started to read it. He had the same reaction as I did when I read it.

Merida tried once more to push open the door,"Hiccup! What did that letter say?!" Was she crying? I heard her sob so I opened the door. She almost ran over me to get to that letter but I held her back. "What does it say?" She demanded. My dad just shook his head and folded the letter up and put it in his pocket. He walked past us and as he was about to walk out the door he turned to me, "We have to prepare for war...again." Then he left.

Merida looked at me with tears in her eyes, "W-what does he mean, Hiccup? Why are we preapring for war?" I noticed how she said 'we' and not 'you'. Like she was one of us. I swallowed, "Come on..." I took her out of the Great Hall and we Toothless to the cove. It was te first time in months we had ridden Toothless together. Merida rested her head on my shoulder as we flew. I heard her sniffle a few times. I was pretty sure she knew that letter was from Dun Broch.

We landed at the cove. Merida was the first to get off. She looked at me furious, "Who was that letter from? Why won't you tell me about it?" It was hard for her to look mad since she was still crying. I took a deep breath, "That letter was from Dun Broch." I started, "They're coming back for you but..They're also going to take the dragons and possible destroy Berk..."