Chapter 8- Merida's POV

Hiccup got onto Toothless and extended a hand. I took his hand and he helped me onto the dragon. Suddenly, Toothless was flying high up in the air. I wrapped him arms around Hiccup terrified of falling. "I'm guessing you've never riden a dragon before?" He laughed as Toothless flew higher. I ignored his question and looked down at all the people with their dragons until they disapeared into the distance. Now all that was below us were trees.

Hiccup could have been talking but I wasn't listening. I was too amazed by the fact I was actually on a dragon. We flew past trees, giant hills, and even a cove. Hiccup took me down to the cove where Toothless landed. We got off of him and looked around. Well, I did. Hiccup just watched me which made me think he had already been here. Toothless went over to the lake and caught some fish for himself.

"This place is amazing..." I said looking at Hiccup. He smiled and walked up next to me, "I know." He looked over to cove, "I haven't been here in so long I almost forgot how much I love it." He laughed at Toothless's failed attempt of catching a fish. "I actually found Toothless here...Well again. This was the third place I found him." I gave him a confused look, "Third?" He nodded, "It's a great story. I'll tell it to you if you want." He smiled at me. I nodded.

We sat down in the grass and Hiccup began the story of how he shot down Toothless but then helped him. I loved the story so much I was sad when it ended. I thought it was amazing how he got everyone to trust dragons and dragons to trust them. After he finished the first story he offered to tell me the story about how he found his mom. He told me that story as well and I was amazed by it all. Both stories. Hiccup was so brave...Hiccup and Toothless seemed like the best team.

"You should hear the story of how I turned my mum into a bear." I laughed.

Hiccup stared at me with wide eyes "Wait, you turned your mom into a bear? H-how?"

"It wasn't all me. I had a little help and as soon as it happened I regretted it." I proceeded to tell him about that. I told him everything. The witches cottage, the wisps, even about how I even turned my brothers into bears. He seemed as intrested in my story as I was in his.

"Wow..." Hiccup fell back onto the grass, "You must have had a lot of courage to do all of that." He looked over at me as I lied down on the grass next to him. "You're pretty brave to. Everyone told you you were wrong but you went for it anyway." I said. He sighed, "My dad almost died because of me, Merida." He away from me and to the clouds. "But he didn't." I pointed out.

"Do you have any other amazing stories?" Hiccup smiled and looked back at me.

I laughed a little, "I have tons but that is the only big one." I lied. There was one more big story but I didn't want to tell him about how the Vikings destroyed Dun Broch. He probably wouldn't like that one. "What about you? Any other stories you could tell me?"

Hiccup chuckled, "Like you said, I have tons but those are the only big ones." He got up from the ground quickly, "Ready to see more?" He held out his hand for me to take.

I took his hand and we got on Toothless. He flew through the sky and over the trees. Soon we were over the ocean. I stared down at the water seeing water dragons surface then go back underwater. Hiccup looked back at me and smirked. He got Toothless to fly lower. Now we were just above them. I reached out to touch one but Hiccup stopped me, "I wouldn't touch them if I were you. They may be beautiful but they're still dangerous." I moved my hand away from them quickly.

I looked over Hiccups shoulder to see a small island just ahead. Toothless landed there and we got off. "You travel a lot, don't ya?" I asked looking at him. "Yeah...I have a map of all the places I've discovered." He said as he took out the map and opened it. He brought it over to me to look at. "How do you have all this time to discover all of this?" I asked. He just laughed, "I don't. I should be doing other things but instead I end up flying Toothless end up finding these islands. I could show you some of those places on the map."

I wasn't sure if I really wanted to see them or not. What if we got lost? Hiccup seemed to noticed that I was unsure, "We won't get lost but we can't go too far either." He said. "Okay...Then let's go."

We got back onto Toothless and went to the islands. Some of them were a lot diffrent than Berk. Some of them just looked like ice and snow and others...not so much. We flew across one place where there were giant spikey pieces of ice. There was one a broken ship was trapped in. I remembered this from one of Hiccup's stories. This was close to the island he found his mom on. I wanted to see more but for some reason Hiccup turned away and we flew back. I guess there were just too many bad memories here. I could understand that.

It was a long ride back to Berk. But the sights were still beautiful even though I had already seen them. I was getting pretty tired and was happy when Toothless finally landed in Hiccup's backyard. We hopped off of him and went inside. "We saw all of Berk and a bunch of other places too in one day." He said. I have to admit, I didn't think it was possible but we did it.

"I have some things I need to do but you can sleep if you want." Hiccup said. "Okay." I yawned. "We'll do more stuff tomorrow." He smiled and turned and walked out the door.