Chapter 7- Merida's POV

I must have slept in that morning because when I looked outside everyone was already working. I got up and got dressed into one of the outfits in the wardrobe. I wore a dark red shirt with a fur hood attached to it, a brown skirt, and black leggings. I let my red hair fall just below my waist.

I walked out the door of my room. "Hiccup?" I called hoping he would answer. I didnt know where I would find him if he wasn't here. There was no answer but I did hear a door close. "Hiccup?" I asked walking down the stairs a little to see him standing at the door.

"Yeah, it's me." He put a helmet on a table the then walked to the stairs. He looked up at me and his green eyes got a little wider, "You look great." He smiled. "Thanks." I blushed. I walked down the stairs next to him.

"Are you ready to see all of Berk?" Hiccup smirked.

"All of Berk? In one day?" How could we possible see this whole island in one day?

Hiccup chuckled, "I'll show you." He grabbed my hand and ran out the door.

I saw the same thing as yesterday just at a diffrent time of day, "I've seen all of this-woah!" He pulled me along to behind his house. I saw a black dragon sleeping in the grass. It wasn't like any of the other dragons I've seen here. I slowly walked over to it, careful not to wake him up.

"Toothless!" Hiccup said waking the dragon up. It took one look at me with its green eyes and growled. Hiccup ran infront of me, blocking the dragon from lunging at me. "Hey, Bud, it's okay! She's a friend." And with that the dragon calmed down.

I walked closer to the dragon, "How did you do that?" I asked reaching my hand out towards the dragon. It pressed its face into my hand. "He trusts me." Hiccup said. "What's his name?" I moved my hand away. The dragon pounced happily next to Hiccup, "His name is Toothless. And he's the only Nightfury we know of." He frowned and put his hand on Toothless's head. I tilted my head, "Where did all the others go?" Why was there only one Nightfury? I mean, if the rest are dead, how did this one survive? Hiccup shook his head slowly, "I don't know. Not even my mom knows." Even Toothless seemed to be sad which I thought was weird. He was just a pet after all, right? But Hiccup and Toothless seemed to be friends. He didn't treat Toothless as a pet.

Hiccup shook his head again but this time faster as if trying to get rid of the thought, "Anyway. Are you ready to see Berk?" He smiled.