Chapter 18-Hiccup's POV

Today was the day my mom would be home. I waited anxiously at the docks for her to arrive. She had taken CloudJumper but she was going to stop at the docks. I waited for a while until I finally saw her coming. My dad saw her too, I could tell. He had a huge smile on his face. I got up from the spot I was sitting in and walked a little closer to where she might land.

She came closer and finally landed. My dad ran up to her and hugged her. Once my dad was done hugging her I did. Just then I saw Merida walking down to the docks. I pulled away from the hug and waved at her. She was walking kind of slow which wasnt normal for her. "Merida!" I called. She smiled at me but I was pretty sure it was fake.

Merida walked down to where we were a little faster. "Merida...This is my mom." I smiled at the both of them. "It's nice to meet you." They shook hands."Im Merida." She said. "Valka." My mom smiled. "So, mom." I turned to her, "How close were those people you saw to Berk?" I asked. "Too close..." She sighed, "They'll be here by sundown tomorrow." Merida's eyes got wide and she ran away. "Merida!" I called but she wasn't listening. I turned to my parents, "I-I have to-" I was cut off by my dad, "Go." He said. I nodded, "Thanks."

I ran after Merida but the time I was out of the docks she was already on her dragon flying towards the cove. I knew that's where she would go. I got on Toothless. He knew exactly what I wanted and flew after Merida. I thought I had lost her when she wasn't at the cove but Toothless found her in the woods near the cove.

Toothless landed next to her dragon which she had named Rain. I got down and sat next to Merida who had her head in her hands crying. "I'm not ready for tomorrow, Hiccup." She said inbetween sobs. "I can't do it." I stared at her not sure what to say for a second, "Merida..." I started, "You're probably the toughest and most stubborn person I've ever met. I know that you'll convince your parents to not start a war and take all of our dragons. And I know we'll find a way to see each other." I wasn't just saying that to make her feel better. I really believed it.

Merida looked up at me. Her eyes were puffy from crying. She nodded, "You're right...I can do this." I wasnt sure if she believed that or not but I hoped she did. I smiled at her anyway. I got up and helped her up, "One last adventure?" I asked. "Of course." She said.

We got on our dragons and had our own dragon race. We flew around the forest seeing who could do more tricks or who did the best tricks. I was going to miss her when she was gone.