Godrics Hollow

Nova POV

"I think we should all play hide and seek, how does that sound?" She said leaning down to face me whilst giving me a sweet smile.

I nodded and clapped my hands a little too enthusiastically and managed to stumble down onto the carpet. But Aunt Lily quickly picked me up and set me straight, also checking on her own son, my cousin.

"Hmm maybe Harry should go first." Little did she know that he was already crawling away to his space.

Aunt Lily scooped me into her arms and then turned her back to give Harry a chance to hide. A few minutes later she set me down again and I began to crawl around the room in search of my cousin.

"Nova where do you think Harry's hiding?" Aunt Lily asks.
"Arhgb." I say, with the vocabulary of
infant.
I trudge around the room looking for my cousin who is surprisingly good at hiding, that us until I found him
"Ha, Ha." I point to behind a chair.
"There you are Harry!" Aunt Lily smiles brightly as she picks up a smaller baby with blue eyes.
"Your turn to hide Nova."
I quietly crawl away into a closet when I know they're not looking, trying to stop myself giggling.

Suddenly, I heard Uncle James come running into the living room. Before he even had a chance to say something a cluster of smoke waded its way into the room. That's when I heard them:

"Honey he's coming, he's coming!"
"Hide the kids!" She said frightened.
"No go upstairs and hide them. Protect them. Protect yourself!"
"Please arm yourself. Conjure up a weapon to use to defend yourself."
"That doesn't matter,what matters is you going upstairs with the kids."

She gave him a solemn look, tears starting to form in her eyes as she desperately held on to the baby.
Suddenly a gust of wind swept the floor as the doors flew open. A figure dressed in all black and face hidden beneath a hood,slowly made its way towards them.

"I love you Honey."
"I love you too.

As Uncle James began to barracade the door, Aunt Lily called for me to come out so I knocked on the door of the closet. She quickly scooped me up again and ran up the stairs with both me and Harry in her arms. As we were half way up the stairs, the front door flew open as the hooded figure glided inside. Aunt Lily and Uncle James shared a final look both their eyes filled with tears, then she continued up the stairs trying to keep her focus on Harry and I. We finally reached the top of the stairs and soon enough Harry's bedroom. Everything happened so fast that all I could see was the blue of the walls and the faint sound of Aunt Lily telling me to hide and stay quiet. I did just as she instructed and quickly crawled into the closet, still being able to see what was going on through the blinds.

Aunt Lily was still clutching onto Harry as she ran to shut the door. Just as she did a flash of green light flashed in her eyes, I could hear her scream of terror, but she still pulled herself together. She put her hand on the door knob as the hooded figure reached the top of the stairs. She slammed the door shut then drew out her wand to lock it.

After, she sat Harry down in his cot whispering something in his ear. But she soon shot up again when the door flew open, hitting the blue wall behind.
The smoke began to make its way around the floor almost blocking my view of it all. The hooded figure finally came into sight and revealed a pale, reptile-like man with  a slim appearance, and his nose, comparable to nothing I've ever seen.

"Please not Harry, Please!" Aunt Lily cries as he makes his way to the cot.
"Move you foolish girl!"
The man drew his bone-like wand and began to chant a spell.
"Avada Kedavra!"
The same green flashed before my eyes but I could see all the evil that ran with it, I could even bear screams of people as it shot towards Harry. But Aunt Lily, my courageous Aunt Lily cast herself between the man and Harry, freezing up before the light. After one last scream, I saw how her eyes became bloodshot then her skin go completely pale and the last breath leave her body.