Chapter 2

Aloe was sitting in her Pelican, a watcher floating just before her as she was petting its head with her finger. "What's taking that spartan. I told him to go grab 'some' food, not raid the entire mess hall. We have places to go." She huffs with a little annoyance in her voice. "I'm back fucker!" Joseph stepped onto the Pelican, his helmet tucked into one arm and something wrapped up in tin foil for him to eat. "Speak of the devil...alright, we still got two more Spartans to look for." Aloe sat up and her watcher attached itself onto her back. Joseph nodded and took one last bite before putting his helmet back on, he sat in the pilot seat and began to power on the Pelican. "So, where to next?" He asked looking back at Aloe. "Let's just say, I hope you packed warm."
    The cold breeze blew through the tundra, snow falling light as the Pelican soared across the blue-gray sky. "Out of all the fucking places, this dude had to chose the coldest planet to physically be on." Joseph groaned as he headed towards a landing pad. "Ah don't worry about it you big baby, you won't be here forever." Aloe snickered as she opened the hatch of the Pelican. "You'll be back on base with a nice warm cup of hot chocolate" "Or that shitty ass tea they rather give out." Joseph said under his breath as he followed her out.
    As both Spartans entered the base, the echoing sound of explosions could be heard. "I think we should follow that. From what the file says anyway." Aloe stated beginning to move on ahead. As they entered a firing range a Spartan with a Venture helmet was tossing grenades at targets. His armor a sleek purple and black. "Excuse me sir, are you Spartan-388." The Spartan looked over and continued tossing grenades over his shoulder, the explosives still hitting their marks. "Yeah that's me, what of it?" "I am Spartan-103 and this is Spartan-322, we are here to recruit you for a fire team." Joseph crossed his arms and elbowed Aloe with a slightly annoyed grunt. "But, you can call me Aloe and this is Joseph." The Spartan hooked grenades to his armor and held out his hand. "Shepard, nice to meet you." Aloe took his hand and shook it. "As it goes for the fire team, yeah I'll go. Maybe being on one will let me blow more stuff up." He moved and walked past them as Joseph and Aloe looked at each other. "You kinda get the vibe that this dude doesn't really care what all this is huh?" Aloe moved to look at Shepard walking away. "Yeah, I already don't fucking like him." Joseph started walking. "Hey, Im sure he means well. He just wants to do what he enjoys." Aloe began following him. "That doesn't make me like this fucker any more than before."
    As the two Spartans entered the Pelican, Shepard was already sitting in a seat tossing a grenade up and down in his hand. "So, do you know what this fire team is all about or?" He asked looking over at them. Joseph stayed silent and went to his pilot seat, Aloe walked up to him and shrugged. "I'm just as much in the dark about this as you are. I was told just to pick you up. We still have one more person to go and get." Aloe sat down as Shepard nodded. "Well, this will be quite the Motley crew." Shepard said a little jokingly.