Chapter 6

The morning alarm going off was the first sound heard through out the room, Joseph, Shepard, Alex, and Larson already getting set for briefing. Aloe however was still sound asleep. "So, which one of us is gonna wake her?" Alex asked looking at them, then to Aloe sound asleep. "Larson, she seems to be the one person Aloe sorta tolerates." Joseph yawned walking passed. Larson shrugged and went over to Aloe, she leaned over and grabbed her arm shaking her. "Wakey, wakey." Aloe moved and elbowed her away causing Larson to fall back. "Big mistakey..." Aloe slowly rose up from her bed rubbing her eyes. The other three Spartans watched with a rather shocked look. "Or maybe she just doesn't like any of us." Joseph spoke as he slowly continued to walk away.
    As the four Spartans walked into the briefing room an ODST was waiting for them. "Good morning Spartans. Glad you could make it right on time." Aloe nodded and walked up to them. "So tell me, what is the mission." The trooper moved and nodded walking over to a Pelican that was loading up. "Its a reconnaissance mission. Covenant are setting up a camp site a little too close to home. They want us either to scan the area if it's too big or if we can handle it, to tear it down." Shepard walked up a little more. "Oh, so a demolition mission too? I'm liking it already." He rubbed his hands together and was visibly getting excited. "Calm down there hot shot. Don't wanna pull the pin too early. Gotta see what this thing is all about first." Aloe patted his shoulder and stopped walking when the trooper did. "Well glad to know you Spartans are fully on board. We will see you planet side." Aloe nodded and motioned the other three to start boarding her Pelican. "Fire team, Kazoo, has your back." Aloe said, hesitant to get the full sentence out. As she walked away she could hear the ODST chuckling softly. This is going to get a lot of getting used too.
    As the four Spartans were loading the Pelican Dr.Larson came onto their comms. "Remember guys, the UNSC are trying to set you up to fail. Don't be surprised when the base is a lot bigger than you think. And if those ODST's start to drop." Alex spoke a little after. "Don't you think that's a little sad? They're sending in those troopers to die?" The others nodded. "Yeah, real fucked up of them. I wish we could save them." Joseph sat in his seat hooking up a fuel rod cannon next to him. "We would if we could, but right now it's about saving our own asses." Aloe said softly, putting an Incineration cannon on her back. "I agree with Aloe, its sad but, we gotta do what we gotta do." Shepard placed his grenade launcher on his back. As they finished loading the Pelican slowly rose and flew off following a few others.
    When they got to the destination the ODST's were scoping out the land. The Spartans walked up to an outpost looking around. "Alright Spartans, I hope you are ready. The base is not too far from our position." Alex looked over spotting binoculars picking them up to look through. As he focused his eyes widened a little. Oh no...that base, its huge. These troopers, they wont make it out alive. He placed them back down and sighed walking back to the others. "Alright, we go in and get the layout of this place, and if push comes to shove, we blow it all to Hell. Got me Spartans?" The others nodded, Aloe holding her cannon and Joseph placing his fuel rod on his back. "Good, let's get a move on."
As they crept around the corner Aloe peeked over. "Two elites guarding the door. Shepard, Alex, take them out." The two nodded and slipped past her. One elite fell with a shot to the head, as the other became startled its head swiftly snapped, Shepard standing over it motioning the others to come out. Aloe and Joseph swiftly headed to the door with a few troops behind them. "Good shit you two. Now lets bust this door in." Aloe said looking it over. "Leave it to me." Shepard moved and unhinged a grenade from his belt placing it on the door. He motioned for everyone to back up as the grenade slowly ate away at the door causing it to cave in. "Alright, that was the quietest thing I had. So be on alert I'm sure a few Covies heard us." Shepard stated going through the door.
As the group was sneaking around the halls Aloe spotted something. That room, it must have a generator in it. Keep tabs on that, I'm sure that is very explosive. She stopped just before the end of the hall, a giant room with supplies, grunts, jackels, and a few elites was just ahead of them. "There is no way around this..." "Bet" Shepard said about to run forward but Aloe grabbed him. "No, not this time. You'll get melted so damn easily with the little to no cover that's there." She said pulling him back. "Alex, if you could cause a distraction the troops and I can steal some of that equipment. After all, it might just come in handy." Aloe said peeking over to watch the movements. "Alright, Ill go blow something up off in the distance." Alex nodded shuffling away with his sniper.
As the group was waiting against the wall a very loud 'boom' was heard in the distance. The covenant that was down there swiftly moved to follow it. As soon as they did, Aloe and the ODST's moved out grabbing what few guns and ammo they could. As they were taking stuff, an elite had returned. It roaring as it pulled out its gun. Aloe looked up and then to where the gun was aimed. She ran over and jumped in front of a trooper. The plasma shooting Aloe in the chest but it only bouncing off. "Move, hurry!" Aloe shouted, the trooper a little star struck from the woman that stood before her and saved her life. "Did I stutter? Move!" The trooper shook her head and began running off, Aloe picking up her needler and shooting the elite that was before her. "Dammit I thought we would have more time." She growled watching as the rest slowly began to return. "What's going on over there you guys, the sensors just lit up!" Dr.Larson came on. "Yeah well you see, we were kinda caught." Aloe said in response. "Shepard, I think now would be a great time to show us what you can do." Aloe moved back slowly mowing down what few covenant she could. Soon after a few explosions could be heard, Shepard jumping off a ledge and landing. He stood up and shot a few grenades down the hall wiping clean the covenant that was coming through. "I thought you would never ask." He chuckled and began firing again. "Joseph, you know that part, about blowing this place to Hell? Well, how about you help me with it." Aloe looked over at Joseph who was firing his fuel rod into groups of grunts. "Oh really? Hell yeah, lets go fucking slaughter these assholes." He ran off to follow Aloe, who was already taking off in the direction they came from.
In the distance gunshots continued to grow, Aloe had skid to a stop in front of what she could remember as the generator room. "Here, this place has got to have all the energy that this place is supplied with. And happens to be the biggest bomb that they could ever offer us." Aloe stepped back and charged down the door. Joseph lifted up his cannon and began shooting it into the room. Aloe sitting on one knee charging up her cannon and shooting it inside the room as well. The loud siren began to go off, as a few things in the room began to detonate. "Haha! Alright, now let's get the fuck outta here." Joseph said running out, with Aloe following suite. As the base was slowly crumbling, Aloe had noticed a few ODST's running back but being shot down. "Great, common we gotta get out of here now!" Aloe began running faster with Joseph stumbling but still following after.
When they reached the Pelican, Aloe jumped on and pulled out her cannon. Jospeh taking his seat and powering on the ship. Shepard and Alex were running towards it with a few troops behind them. As they continued to get closer, troop after troop fell, being shot down by elites and jackels. When Alex and Shepard hopped on, Aloe couldn't help but notice one ODST still trying to make it back, the same trooper she had saved earlier. "Hold, I'm going for her." Aloe jumped off and began running. "Wait what, hold on what the fuck are you doing!?" Jospeh looked back as Shepard slid forward to take Aloes place in shooting any on coming covenant. Aloe slid over and picked up the trooper in her arms, soon running back to the ship and jumping on. "Hurry up and get us the fuck out of here!" Aloe said putting the trooper down. Joseph turned around and pulled hard on the wheel, making the Pelican pull up fast and boost off into the sky.
"Everyone good, everyone here?" Shepard walked around counting heads. "Yeah, we made it." Alex said sighing, trying to catch his breath. As the others were talking the trooper walked up to Aloe. "Thank you Spartan, for saving me, twice." "Don't mention it. And call me Aloe. This whole Spartan thing makes me feel like some sort of robot." Aloe sat down and sighed. "Now, Joseph, get us back in one piece please. I don't think I can handle your stunt flying right now." Joseph chuckled and leaned back in his seat, soon pulling around and jerking past some space debris along his course. "Goddamit Joseph!" The other three Spartans yelled as Jospeh started laughing flying them home.