Chapter 5

As the four Spartans walked down the corridor they were still talking about the mission they had just returned from. As they entered the room Laskey watched them, almost with a confused manner. They came back from that, I was sure they would have died. "Welcome back Spartans. Seems you have completed your mission." Aloe took off her helmet and put a chip in front of him. "It was easy, nothing we couldn't handle." Aloe placed her helmet on the table. "Well, to keep my word, you four are now an official fire team. You will be known as Fire Team..." As Laskey spoke he looked about the room, Aloe eyeing him suspiciously. "K-Z-00" He said in a semi-formal tone. "K...Z....Double zero..?" Aloe looked to the side processing the whole word in her head. "Fire Team, Kazoo!?" She looks up with a rather confused look on her face. The other three Spartans chuckled a little at the response she gave. "Hey man, I don't think it's that bad." Shepard chuckled a little before Aloe sighed. "A fire team is a fire team. At least it will underestimate the enemies when they hear of us." She ran a hand through her hair picking her helmet back up. "Well, if I may, I will show you four to your barracks. You all will share one big room with beds of your own. Think of it as a thank you gift from me." He walked around the table and motioned them to follow. They looked at each other before tucking their helmets under their arms and following.
Once in the room the four Spartans went to sit in their own bunks. Dr.Larson to one side of the room working on a laptop. "You know, to be honest with you four. I'm very surprised you made it back." Aloe looked over and rose a brow. "What exactly do you mean? That mission wasn't that hard you know." "You see, thats the problem. Many Marines and ODST's simply couldn't do that mission without suffering many casualties. And the few Spartans we did send, they couldn't make it into the room without all those Prometheans spotting them." Larson spoke not facing the others. All four Spartans leaning in to listen all from different places. "Basically, you weren't supposed to complete that mission." She added before turning to face them. "Well look at that, the UNSC is still trying to fuck us over. Bunch of fucking assholes." Joseph sits up. "Well now I wanna do even better just to spite their asses." He chuckles a little and Shepard nods. "You know, that's the one thing that's come out of your mouth that I've agreed with." "Hey!" Joseph looks down as Shepard was snickering softly. "I'm just glad I got stuck with a team to do this. I don't think I would be able to do it alone." Alex added laying in his bed. "He's right, that's where the UNSC slipped up. They put us together when they should've just picked us off one by one." Aloe yawned a little. "Also, I want to keep you all alive as well. They're paying me to make sure you fail, but I think it was a lot more fun to watch you all succeed in that mission." Larson smiled brightly. "I'm sure we will make a name for ourselves." "Yeah, despite that name being Kazoo." Aloe jokingly added. "But let's rest. I'm sure there will be another mission for us tomorrow." Aloe laid back down in her bunk and yawned.