Chapter 9

Alex flopped onto his bed, groaning loud. "I'm not gonna sleep for weeks after that mission..." The others laughed as they lay in their beds. "Don't worry about it kid, we were all the same. Just be happy the Flood isn't as strong as it was." Aloe chuckled getting comfy into her bed. "Yeah cuz that totally put my mind at ease." Alex rolled onto his back. As the Spartans were unwinding, Dr. Larson smiled a little as she read her computer screen. "Well looking here, says Joseph, Shepard and Alex are ready to receive A.I.'s of their own." The three look up. "That so? Seems those fuckers are finally coming around and realizing how useful we are!" Joseph smiled sitting up fully. "But not one for Aloe?" Shepard leaned back tilting his head. "Or is she too old for those?" Aloe sat up and moved her hand. The metal box sitting at the bottom of her bed rose up, taking form of a Watcher. "I don't need an A.I. Because I have this. His name is Ozzie and he protects me better than any 'A.I.' The UNSC will ever have to offer." The Watcher flew around in slow little circles around her head. "You managed to befriend a Watcher!?" Dr. Larson sat up from her seat walking over to it. "Well aren't you special Miss? Gotta have a watcher cuz you're too good for an A.I." Shepard rolled his eyes as Aloe smirked. "Just jealous is all." She lowered the Watcher down to the foot of her bed again putting it to sleep almost. "Well, if you three are receiving A.I.'s tomorrow then it's best if we all get some rest." Aloe laid back down and yawned. The others climbed back into their beds to lay down.
    As morning rolled around the Spartans met with Laskey. Aloe stayed in the back with Larson, the other three standing by a console. The first to receive their A.I. Was Joseph. "Here Spartan, this A.I. Is Loki." Laskey said handing him a chip. As Joseph activated it, a female rose from it, she wore a short dress and short hair. "Ugh, finally, I felt they would keep me locked up like that for fucking ever." It spoke looking around. "Pretty shitty place, oh, and looks like I'm paired with a Spartan." Joseph chuckled holding her up more. "I like you, we're gonna be friends." "Oh, and fuck you too." Jospeh's shoulders slumped before he sighed and put the chip in his helmet. Next, was Alex. "Here, for you Spartan, A.I. Gamma." Alex held the chip, as the hologram came to form, a Spartan in Fotous armor was before him. "Wow, this is so cool." Alex said holding it up closer to look at. "So, you're gonna help me out there?" The A.I. Shrugged. "Well, can't make any promises Spartan." Alex bit the inside of his cheek before putting the A.I. In his helmet, as he did his shields began to flicker. Finally was Shepard. "And last for you Spartan. Edi." Shepard looked at the chip before a female figure came to be. It didn't have any details to it and the way she spoke was rather robotic. "I, am at your service Spartan." Shepard smirked and plugged her into his helmet. "Cute, I like her." The three Spartans watched Laskey as he went around the console to face them. "You three will be needing these A.I. For the mission you will be assigned later on today. It will be long, and they will help you with it." They all nod and take a step back. "Thank you sir, we will get ready for this mission." Shepard turned around and went out past Aloe as the others followed Aloe and Larson the last ones out.