Chapter 32

Aloe and Nova were together in the medical bay, Nova had just finished treating the others and was tending to Aloe's shoulder wound. "I cant believe Shepard did that to you, you saved all of our lives and he says thanks by getting you shot and proceeding to shove his fingers into the wound." Nova grumbled as she was wrapping up Aloe's shoulder with bandages. "Shepard is just an asshole, sometimes he sits in the back and then out of no where he'll crank it up to eleven for no good reason. I'm sure he was just upset that he didn't get a chance to prove he can do stuff without me." Aloe shrugged her good shoulder. "And anyway, what do I have to worry when I have the galaxies greatest medic taking care of me?" Nova stopped and blushed looking up slowly to Aloe. "Did, did you just flirt with me?" Nova asked in a softer tone as Aloe had a smug grin on her face. "I might not understand much about feelings but I can learn rather fast." As soon as Aloe finished talking she leaned a little forward so that her and Nova's face were only inches from each other. Nova chuckled and leaned forward as well closing her eyes as her hand slid up Aloe's shoulder so her arm would wrap around her neck. Right before the two could fully follow through with there actions Alex slid open the door, the two immediately pulled back from each other. "Hey you guys, I just- What were you two doing?" Alex asked taking a few steps into the room. "I was just fixing up Aloe, she was shot after all!" Nova responded defensively. "Yeah, sure sure. Anyway, like i was going to say, after you're done here you should meet us at the observation deck." Alex chuckled and turned to walk out closing the door behind him. Nova groaned and rested her head against Aloe's chest, Aloe starting to laugh putting her hand on her head.

XXX

    "So, what was all that about. On the Pelican Shepard. Like I know youre an ass but why to Aloe, especially after she saved our asses." Joseph asked as Shepard was sitting staring off into space. "You know, some of us dont always want to be saved by our 'fearless leader'." Shepard turned his head to glare at Joseph. "Not all of us our blind followers like you. Yeah she may be a higher rank but we dont work for her. Some times I want to do things on my own. I'm capable of doing things alone that can benefit this place." He looked back out of the window before Joseph crossed his arms. "Well ok then. Don't know who bit your ass today." Noel walked by and handed Joseph some papers before she walked off again, Shepard stood up and stretched fixing his hair. "Now excuse me while I go work some magic." Shepard walked off before Joseph shook his head. "Yeah, 'magic'."
    Soon Aloe had walked in to talk with Joseph, as they did Joseph explained to Aloe why Shepard was being the way he was. Aloe nodded and shrugged. "He has a point, but either way, he's on this ship so he has no choice but to listen to orders from time to time. As long as he doesn't do something that gets us blown out of the sky I'm fine with him going lone wolf." Joseph shrugged before he gave a gentle nod. "Alright, whatever you say chief." Aloe rolled her shoulder giving a soft groan. "How about I let you get back to figuring out our enemy while I let Nova treat me, after all I'm sure she must be losing her head seeing that I finally got hurt." Joseph and Aloe laughed before Joseph stood up. "You know you don't have to hide the fact that you like her. Just be open about it." Aloe shook her head before she stood up as well. "Nah, I don't think I will. Just keep it a secret alright." Joseph nodded and turned to walk over to his console.