Chapter 27

As Aloe sat on the bed of Novas 'room', Nova grabbing some of her medical supplies. "You know the others had already let me examine them. You though, why did you avoid it for so long?" Nova asked as she set her stuff down next to Aloe. "I never need it, Im the perfect soldier that has been examined since day one. I was observed and taken care of so I could be set for life essentially." Aloe said a little dryly. Nova rolled her eyes, "Oh please, you are still human. You need to be checked every now and again like all of us. Now take off that sweater of yours." Aloe looked over at Nova with an almost 'Are you serious?' Look on her face. Nova's eyebrows rose as she placed her hands on her hips leaning over. "Well, I'm waiting. Or is the big ol' spartan embarrassed of her body." Nova giggled poking fun at her before Aloe grunted and reluctantly lifted her sweater off her person. Aloe was covered head to toe with scars, mostly small ones but the biggest ones were on her left shoulder, right forearm, and the left side of her stomach. "Oh...did you at least get treatment for these?" Nova said looking over her. "They didn't kill me, so no. And they healed up fine, so no big deal." Nova shook her head and began to examine Aloe properly. As Nova's hands were slightly gliding over her Aloe slowly began to drift off, her eyes slowly closing. "I don't get why Aloe hides all of, 'this' away. She's so, so, perfect." Nova thought to herself before Aloe slowly slumped over onto her. Nova grunted and caught her before she propped her back up. With a a sharp snore Aloe woke up again. "Oh, did I fall asleep? Sorry Doc, just, this is a bit boring." Aloe rubbed her head as Nova puffed her cheeks. Just before Nova could respond a knock at her door was heard, Shepard peeked his head in and smiled. "If you two are done in here, Joseph wants to show all of us something." Nova blushed more before Aloe shrugged picking up her sweater to put back on. "Common Doc, it might be something important." "Y-Yeah, I'll be right there just give me a second." As Aloe walked out of her room Shepard pretended to follow her before slipping away into Novas room. "You know, it aint healthy to do that to yourself." Shepard said as Nova was rubbing her face in her hands. "I don't think i could handle her being in this room for too long, it's like she makes the place so much hotter when she's around." Shepard chuckled and pat her back. "That's because she has the heaviest armor out of all of us. Also it takes more power to run it." Nova punched his arm as he began laughing. "One of you two better make a move soon, cuz if you don't I might just have to end up. Doing it for you." Shepard said as he stood up. "Now. Common, we dont need you fan-girling over the colonel just yet. After all we still got a mission to finish." "Since when did you care about the missions and stuff." Nova asked as she began following him. "Ever since you and Aloe started to think only about each other." Shepard laughed as he walked down the hallway.

XXX

    At the holo-table Joseph was already showing Alex and Aloe what he had found. Shepard and Nova walked up to them as he did so. "Ah, combat medic Nova! Glad for you to finally join us!" Joseph said as Nova walked up. "Yeah yeah, so what did you want to show us." Joseph leaned over the table and pointed to what looked like model cars. "Loki and I had found a shipment going out on a nearby planet. It's UNSC so there's gotta be good stuff in it." Nova's eyes immediately shot up to Joseph. "So youre telling me we are going to steal it?" Joseph smirked and nodded. "Oh yeah, whatever is in that cargo, has gotta be good. It is being guarded up to the teeth so I figure we aim for that first." As Joseph was explaining to Nova, Aloe leaned onto the table zooming in on one of the cargo vehicles. "Hey Joseph, what is in this one? It looks different from all the rest." Joseph looked over, "That's a special cargo crate for delivering fragile and important stuff. From power weapon prototypes, to Mjolnir armor itself." Aloe nodded, "And where is all of this stuff coming from?" "The Infinity, its a lot of old stuff from The Pillar of Autumn from what I could gather." Joseph shrugged and he pulled his A.I. From the table. "You guys are to go for everything else. Leave this one for me. If it is what I think it is, then I might just be in for a field day." Aloe said as a small smile grew on her face. The others traded glances with one another before backing away from the table. "Alright boss, whatever you say." Joseph said as he turned to walk back to his console. "Alright fireteam, we will head to this planet immediately so get some rest now. We cannot fuck this up you hear me?" "Yes sir." The other Spartans responded. Aloe walked up to Nova and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Lets head back and finish that examination. You have yet to tell me if anything is wrong." Nova almost crumpled up at the touch of Aloe's hand but simply looked up at her and nodded. "Okay...let's head back." "Why did she have to say it like that? Did she even know how it sounded?" Nova thought to herself as Aloe began walking in front of her.