Happiness 3

6-11-2018

"You are late, " Kathrine commentend as Adianna walked into the room.

"I didn't notice, " Adianna replied as she headed to the computer to start work. The museum was slow today and once she finished the paperwork she'd be on her way to help set up their new exhibit. Seeing it was almost five she texted Gemini reminding her to get Scarlett from day care.

Adianna took the stairs to the seventh floor as she used her password key to enter the room. As it beeped her in, she saw that most of the artifacts were still boxed up,which meant no one was here since they were delivered almost a week ago.

"Lazy ass people," she muttered to herself as she started doing her work and theirs so that the exhibit could be opened on time. As she did so she noticed one was in a orange label rather than blue, opening it she saw only papers with ancient glyph writing on it.

"Siya kuvuka kwakhona ngosuku lomthendeleko wegazi," Adianna spoke low, seeing lights flicker at her words she stopped. Her mother was a witch on her home planet, and she knew the signs on how spells or bindings were being broken. Quickly she put the papers back, not wanting to finish what she believed she was doing. As she decided to spend her last hours avoiding the box of Egyptian spells.

Yet it was already too late, not because of  Adianna. Someone more sinister was after the spell, and soon the binding would be broken.

***

Erik walked through the museum seeing many historical artifacts. From Asia, Haiti, and his home, Africa. As he stood he studied it and scoffed at the incorrect information the people had provided.  Seeing boxes piled high coming his way, he tried to step aside, yet the figure bumped into him, and one fell. With his quick reflexes he caught it hearing the glass inside clink, yet not shatter.

"Thank you sir, " a smooth voice said, as he looked he saw a dark skinned girl who was at least 5'5, slim thick, with wild unruly reddish black hair.

"Your welcome Miss?," he asked.

"Miss Nadja, " she lied, "and you?," she asked.

"Next time watch where ya' goin' Nadja ," he quipped as he placed the box back on top and strutted off. Adianna stuck her tongue out at his retreating frigure.

😊🙂😊🙂😊🙂😊🙂😊🙂😊🙂😊🙂

Vote, comment,share  and its short, but I'll pick it up.