Happiness 8

6-16-2018

Adianna had not shown up in three days, she was not in any class or in tutoring which had Erik concerned.

"So this young girl, why does her dissapenance bother you, " his therapist, Dr.Mulan, asked him as he crossed his legs and leaned back.

"Man like, she's a pain in my ass, " Erik told him remembering their encounters, which he found funny. Adianna and him weren't close, but she was a relief from his past and present. Adianna did not want to use him, hurt him or control him, she only seemed to enjoy touturing him.

***

1 week ago

Adianna was released from the hospital as she was helped into her one story house. As Scarlett ran inside, Jermaine and Gemini carried in the groceries they gathered as he helped her in.

Adianna looked just fit, but as she was dressed in a crop top and jeans, he saw she was muscle. Her stretch marks decorated her stomach from carrying Scarlett, showing a cursive tattoo that was slighty hidden as was many other tattoos that were little accents to her skin. Erik was glad she showed off her scar like a battle scar, unlike his.

"You smell like sweat, " she told him, since had just worked out before getting her,he didn't have time to wash up.

"You smell like fish, " he told her as she bopped her head into his lightly he laughed. Sitting her on the couch, he checked her bandage to see if there was any blood or tearing of the stitches.

"You're all good, so why so much food?," he asked as she grabbed Scarlett who was biting her hand for her mom to pick her up. Erik quickly lifted to girl as to not cause discomfort to Adianna.

"Thanks, I'm making jambalaya so you and Jermaine are welcome to stay, considering you're the friend of a hero, " she said as his friend beamed at her brightly. He shook his head he and Scarlett and the others sat down to watch The Princess and the frog until the food was done. The smell of okra, corn, and the many vegetables filled the air as did the shrimp and sausage. Adianna made big bowls of it with bread and butter giving them each one. Scarlett was sat on a cloth on the floor as she even ate vigorously watching everyone else,Erik decided to dig in. His taste buds exploded as all the spicy cajun seasoning filled his mouth, he smiled feeling warmth in his chest.

"Want some peach tea?," she asked Jermaine who coughed and nodded his head yes as she got him some. As they all sat and ate he smiled remembering how this was like home with his family.

***

"So she had stitches?," his therapist asked concerned as Erik nodded his head yes.

"Thirty in fact, its a long story, she's clumsy for one, " Erik told the man who was glad Erik was now more open.

"Well, is she in a hospital then maybe her child re-opend them, " Dr.  Mulan thought aloud.

"See I would say that but Gemini, her friend, would've heard from her, no one has. Also considering she doesn't deal with anyone often, she just gone," Erik told the man.

"Have you went by her place?," Dr. Mulan asked as Erik shook his head no.

"She argued with us to not come over unless invited," Erik told the man, "she's really...secretive. " Which was true,no one knew her major in college, the father of her child, her age,  or her real name considering she usually told people a fake one. Like upon their meeting in the museum she told him her name was Nadja. Everyone was at a distance, which made him want to know her story, and if it was anything like his. The sound of an alarm going off brought him out of his thoughts as the secession ended.

"Erik, if you can, go by and see if she's ok, considering that you and her are at least...cordial with each other,I doubt that she'd mind, " Dr. Mulan told him as he left. He decided to find Gemini and Jermaine and check on her, so it wouldn't seem so personal on his part.

***

"C'mon pick up, " Gemini chanted as they called Adianna private.

"Hello?," she asked as Gemini sighed.

"Where have you been?," Gemini asked obviously concerned.

"Damn, minding my business, like you should," Adianna snapped.

"Yo' we were just checking on you, " Jermaine said surprised by her hostility.

"Damn his ass there too?," she asked.

"You still aint answer the question, you doin' good?," Erik asked.

"No nosey ass I'm depressed," she replied still upset.

"So you're gonna go MIA because you're depressed? We were worried," Jermaine said.

"He contacted you?," Gemini asked only for there to be a pause.

"Yes his bitch ass did, " Adianna replied.

"Bitch ass," they heard Scarlett say.

"Don't fuckin curse Scarlett, " she told her daughter as she sighed loudly. "I'm depressed so leave me the fuck alone, " she told them as she hung up.

"Get in the fucking car, " Erik snapped as they got in from the cold air. Once class ended they called and honestly he expected a better conversation that didn't consist of her snapping on them.

"I feel so bad for her, we need weed and alcohol," Gemini cried causing him to look at her as she sat in the back seat sobbing.

"What do you mean?," Jermaine asked confused by her words and tears.

"Her ex contacted her and she's depressed he always ruining shit!," she yelled at him.

"Fine I'll take you to get it, just stop crying its uncomfortable," Erik told her.

☀✌☀✌☀✌☀✌☀✌☀✌☀✌

Vote, comment, share and happy reading also I'll be back soon with more chapters.