FIVE

chapter five;
the escape

"IT'S WICKED. It has always been and probably always will be Wicked" Aris started. Aris, Thalia and Winston crawled the small vent as Aris tells his little story time. "I saw bodies in the lab. Including Rachel" he said, whispering the last part. But Thalia heard that very clearly.

"What? What did they do to her?" she asked. Aris sighed.

"There were tubes sticking out of her. She was unconscious, but not dead. She doesn't look much alive either, though" Aris said. The atmosphere was silent, but Aris knew exactly what she felt.

Guilt. Guilty that she had failed her friend. Rachel was her best friend and she was so excited when they escaped, and now she had failed her. She failed Rachel and the rest of the girls.

It was silent until Aris stopped at another vent opening. He unscrewed it and slowly opened it. Crashes and gunshots were heard from below.

"This is where you'll go, Thalia" Aris said. Thalia stared at the boys in confusion.

"Where will you go?" she asked.

"Go to the exit door, the rest will be there waiting. Me and Winston will be opening the door for you guys" Aris explained. Thalia gave a brief look at her friend before she sat down, dangling her feet. She turned to her friend.

"I'll see you, A. You too, Winston" she said, before jumping down. Thalia looked back up and Aris gave her a smile and thumbs up before closing the vent and disappeared from Thalia's vision.

The hallway Thalia was in was empty, but sirens were heard all around. Sounds of footsteps running, yellings and a few gunshots were heard from the hallway on her right. They must be there, she thought. Without any hesitation, she ran fully speed to the right hallway.

She turned right and the first thing that she saw was a guard on the corner of a turn pointing his gun at something- or someone- in front of him. It was her friends. She ran full speed at the guard and tackled him down the floor. She kicked him hard on the ribs. He dropped his gun and turned to Thalia. She punched him in the jaw, leaving him unconscious. Footsteps came running from her right. "Shit, Thalia" an accented voice said. She turned to him and smiled.

"Hey guys" she greeted. She took the guard's gun and passed it to Thomas. Thomas pointed the gun at one of the doctors that she saw the night she was in the vents. Thalia turned to her and raised her eyebrows.

"This is Dr. Crawford. She's taking us to Teresa" Thomas explained. Thalia nodded. Footsteps were later heard from behind them.

"What should we do now?" she asked. Thomas gestured them to followed him and took the right turn. "C'mon, let's go!" he yelled. They ran, following Thomas as he took another turn with the doctor as his lead. The doctor lead them to a door, Thalia assumed it was the lab. Thomas pointed his gun at her and demanded her to open the door. She slid her key card in and the door opened. The doctor opened a small gap before Thomas pushed her and the rest of them got in the lab.

Doctors and nurses kneeled down with their hands in the air as Thomas pointed his gun at each of them. "Where is she?!" he demanded. One of the doctors pointed at his right and Thomas passed his gun to Minho before opening the curtain to get to Teresa.

Minho pointed the gun at each everyone of the doctors as Newt tied Dr. Crawford's hand with a some sort of white fabric. "You'll never get away with this!" she yelled.

Thalia turned to the doctor and frowned. "Shut up" Thalia demanded. Newt turned to her and chuckled.

"Or what?" the doctor challenged. Thalia turned to the doctor and raised her eyebrows. By now, Newt had finished tying the doctors hand.