FOURTEEN

chapter fourteen;
promise

"OKAY, SO JUST PUSH TERESA SO THAT SHE CAN GET TO THE BAR" Thalia instructed. "And when she reached the bar, she can pull the latch and pull us all down. Get it?" she said. Minho nodded.

"Okay" he said. "Thomas, help me out" Minho said. Thomas pushed Teresa towards him and Minho got a hold of her. "Okay, here we go" he said. Minho pushed Teresa towards the latch, but unfortunately, not strong enough. Teresa's fingertips were just inches away before she slung back to her position before. Minho groaned.

"It's okay, just try to push harder" Thalia encouraged. Minho nodded and Thomas repeated his actions before and pushed Teresa towards Minho. Minho got a hold of her, and pushed her. But she still couldn't reach the bar. Thalia sighed. "This is the time that I wish I have my bow and arrow with me" she muttered.

"C'mon, Minho. Push her harder!" Newt said. Minho groaned in frustration.

"Shit" Thomas muttered.

"Just try again. It's okay, just push her harder" Thalia said as Thomas pushed Teresa back to Minho. "This is it" she said.

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

Minho pushed Teresa, and this time she got a hold of the bar and Thalia smiled at her friends. "Yes!" she yelled. "Okay, Teresa just try to pull yourself up and pull the latch" she said. Teresa nodded at her and without any warning, Thalia and the others were sent a couple feet down.

Teresa untied herself from the rope on her ankles and stood up. She grabbed a stick nearby and handed it to Thomas, pulling him closer to her. "Alright, guys. Just hurry-"

"Good evening. This is the World Catastrophe Killzone Experiment Department" a voice bombarded through the walls around them. Thalia knew exactly who that was.

"Janson" she muttered. Thalia turned to Thomas and Teresa. "Guys, hurry!" she said, her voice full of panic.

"We have you compound completely surrounded. You find yourself, through no fault but your own, in possessive of WICKED's property" Janson said. Newt handed Thalia the stick and she grabbed it. Newt pulled her closer and helped her up, before untying the rope on her ankle.

"You okay, Thals?" he asked. Thalia nodded. Thalia walked over to Aris, who was just untying the rope. Thalia and Newt helped him up. Aris thanked them before following Thalia out the room, but was stopped by the men from earlier who pointed his gun at them. Thalia rose her hand in defense.

"Look, we're not trying to cause any trouble, okay" she said, slowly walking back. Newt grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "We just need to get out of here" she added. The men's lips curled into a smile.

"Is that so?" he asked. He then pulled his walkie talkie out and pressed a button before speaking to it. "Janson, I got 'em for you. I'm bringing 'em down. Don't shoot us" he put his walkie talkie down and turned his attention back to them. "C'mon. Let's go" he said, walking towards them. "I said let's go"

The man pointed his gun at Thomas. Thomas grabbed his hand and twisted it, sending the bullets up to the ceiling. He pushed the man away and he stumbled back. They were about to ran away before the man got up and pointed his gun at them. "You little bastard!" he yelled.

They all stumbled backwards and a gunshot was heard. Thalia immediately turned to Thomas, but see no blood anywhere on his body. She turned to the others and sighed in relief as no one was shot. Instead, the man immediately fell down and the girl that they met earlier was behind him with her gun pointed at the men. "C'mon let's go" she said.

They stood there frozen, staring at the dead man in front of her. "Come on, let's go!" the girl's voice snapped them out of their thoughts. Thomas was the first one to ran out, and the others followed. Just as Thalia was about to get out, the girl stopped her. "You'll need this" she said, giving her her bow and arrow back.

Thalia nodded at the girl and slung the quiver around her shoulder. "I'm Thalia" she said. The girl nodded before replying.

"Brenda" she said. Thalia nodded and followed her out of the room. They met up with Jorge later on and he led them to a window. He opened it and it was about at least two hundred feet down. A rope was hanging from their side to the other side and Thalia's eyes widened.

"Plan B, hermano" he said, pulling the rope on top of him. "You kids wanna go to the right arm? I'll lead you to them. But you gotta owe me" he said. He pulled down the rope and sling down. "Follow me!" he yelled.

Brenda pulled down the rope and allowed Minho to go after Jorge. "Aris, you're next. Come on!" Thalia yelled. Aris pulled the rope down and slung himself down the rope. Thomas and Teresa went after him, leaving Newt, Thalia and Brenda. "Newt, come on" she said.

Newt pulled the rope down and turned to Thalia. "Promise you'll be right behind me" he said. Thalia was about to respond when Brenda ran back to Jorge's room.

"Brenda where are you going?!" she yelled. Thalia turned to Newt and gave him a small smile. "I promise" she said. Thalia leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Newt wasn't able to respond before Thalia pushed him down the rope.

Thalia ran back to Jorge's room and found Brenda opening drawers and drawers looking for something. "Brenda, come on. We gotta go!" she yelled in frustration. Brenda finally stopped and Thalia assumed she got what she needed.

"I got it, I got it!" she said. Thalia nodded and let Brenda led the way out. They didn't even get the chance to get out of the door when they saw at least five people in masks holding guns, that Thalia assumed was from WICKED. Thalia sighed and they glanced at each other as Brenda pulled out her gun, and Thalia pulled her arrow.

EDITED
31/05/2019