•• Part - 2 ••

26th October...

I walked across the lawn and entered the building which was holding a banner "Welcome to the Seminar".

"Excuse me, where is the seminar hall ? " I asked from a group of staff members, who were standing near office cabin to help and assist the candidates.

"You all do your duties as i have instructed.. Follow me sir, I'll take you there" a lady replied with a hospital smile on her face. In a dark green shade Saree with a printed border and embroidery over it, she was looking mesmerizing.

While we were walking through the corridor I noticed something unusual, everyone was either wishing her, asking her about some instructions, while some were simply updating her with the news around the campus and preparations..

I was carrying a confusion look on my face when we entered a hall, while we were crossing it, I observed some portraits hanging on the walls on both sides, and to my surprise, one portrait was of the lady walking in front of me..

My steps got frozen for a moment as i read the description given below the portrait..

"Miss Anamika
Principal (2010-2015) "

I was all confused, a lady as simple as her was the principal of that college. I was lost in my own thoughts when suddenly I felt a pat on my shoulder.

"Sir.. Is everything alright ? " I heard her asking to me.

"Naa.. Haa.. Waaa.. Ooo.. Sorry.. I mean haa.. Mm.. Yes everything is alright " I was stuck with what to reply.

"Sir, is everything really alright ? " She asked again leaning forward towards me.

I was too lost to answer her, plus her leaning forward made me more nervous and so I just nodded my head in a YES.. Unable to form words to be spoken out. It was like a gulp choked my throat.

"Shall we get this packed for you ? " She spoke staring deep in my eyes with her brows raised.

"Yeeeaahhh... " I suddenly realized what I'm saying.. "I mean no.. What are you asking ? "

She shifted a few steps backward understanding my discomfort. A sweet smile kissing her lips making me stare at her with a frozen expression.

"You are the principal of this college !! " I asked confusingly.

"Yes sir.. I'm the principal of this college.. But can i know Why are you asking this ? " She was kind of surprised with my reaction.

"No.. Actually. You are so young and unmarried and still on the post of principal, it kind of shocked me ! " I was unaware with what I was speaking...

(My eyes were like glued to her eyes.. She was feeling uncomfortable with my direct stare and was avoiding eye contact with me. But my stupid eyes were not ready to shift away from her face.. )

"Excuse me !!.. Is it necessary to be above 35 or so to be a principal of any college !? And where is it mandatory that an unmarried person can't be the principal ? ” the lady who was so calm and hostile a few minutes back was fierce and angry upon me right now..

"I'm.. I'm really sorry.. It wasn't what I meant.. Yes sure.. Anyone who is responsible enough can be the principal.. I'm sorry " I regretted for my words.

She giggled and had a good laughter..
"I'm so sorry sir, please don't mind.. I was just teasing you because you were so lost staring my portrait that I was afraid, you might not ask to get it packed for you "..

"No..no. I mean.. It's strange.. A young lady like you, handling such a big institution alone.."

"I understand, everyone gets surprised with this thing.. I'm habitual now, and I don't know why but you felt to be someone friendly.. I hope you won't mind the little teasing I just did.. " she asked with the same hospitality.

"No.. No.. Not at all, it's fine, and truly saying. I'm lucky that the principal herself is assisting me here " and I flashed a smile on my face.

Then we started on our journey to the seminar cabin. This time we were actually having a conversation about some random topics. Soon we reached the seminar hall and she briefed me with the details which she felt were essential for each candidate to know.

Soon we both got busy in our individual spaces but whenever we coincidentally crossed each other then eye contact with a smile was natural. The seminar lasted for 6 hours and I really enjoyed each and every moment I spent there. After it got over, the crowd was in a rush to leave and so she got busy with the management and I didn't got any chance to bid her bye or to have a last talk with her..

Once I reached home, after finishing my dinner, I turned on my laptop, and was trying hard to concentrate on my pending works but that short meeting with her was all I was thinking about.. I was having an uncontrollable smile when suddenly my cell popped up with a display "Mihir".

"Hello" I spoke

"Come down, I'm waiting for you at your door"

"Coming"

I arranged everything, properly keeping things at their right place, grabbed my mobile and wallet, picked up my shoes while i ran out of my house where Mihir was waiting in his car. Like every weekend we went for a coffee and shared the details about what happened along the past week. At that moment, I told him about my meeting with that girl and the details about it. He told me that he will find out details about her by the next day because this is what boys generally do..
(It isn't hard for boys to find out information about someone)

After the coffee and all the relaxing talks, Mihir finally dropped me back at my home. I was tired and so I fell on my bed as soon I entered my room. My eyes were stuck at the fan and the stains of dust on it while my mind was reviving the scenes of the seminar. I don't have any idea as to when I fell asleep that night...

Thinking about What happened next ?
Can a single meeting could create infatuation in heart ?
Will he be able to meet the girl again ?

Stay tuned, keep commenting
Stay smiley

Rj ...#