1.

Erika: You ready?
Cortney: Honey, I've been waiting for this day.

As we entered American Eagle I wondered if this was right. Changing my appearance. Would it come and bite me in the ass?

Right away someone greeted us but seemed surprised as she looked our way.

Worker: Hi, welcome to Ameri- oh! Who are you shopping for girls?
Cortney: My beautiful friend here. I know, she looks like a five year old girl right now but we were wondering if you would help us out here?
Worker: Of course! My name is Alex and I actually just shopped for my cousin. She wanted to change her style around just like you. What might your names be?

Alex walked over to us with a huge white smile. Honestly, I understand where she's coming from. I must look like a disaster all the time. No matter people pick on me.

Cortney: I'm Cortney and this is Erika.
Alex: Those are the most amazing names.
Erika: Thank you.
Alex: So, what are you interested in? Wait, no! Let me guess. You love color, you like to be covered up, not much skin, sports bras are your thing, patterns are your thing, even if they don't match up.
Erika: Pretty much. But I want to change that.
Alex: I have some other stores you can go to, for this store isn't the cheapest. I even have some friends at the stores that will be willing to help you. But, for now, we should go over to the jeans. It may be warm now, but it will get cold very fast.
Cortney: You never know what to expect with Ohio weather.

We all laugh and head over to the jeans. Pretty much every pair had rips and I wondered how they were suppose to keep you warm. I mean, I've studied the trends lately and these were definitely in the list but I thought there would be a good selection of mom jeans. I heard those were a thing.

Alex: I'm thinking at least three pairs. I know that's expensive but I can give you guys a discount.
Cortney: Trust me, this girl won't have one single problem with money.
Alex: Oh.
Erika: Cortney!
Cortney: Just saying the truth. Can I tell the story?
Alex: Oh, I would love to hear this.
Erika: Go ahead.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. Cortney smiled and started running her mouth.

Cortney: So, her mom makes really good money. She's a lawyer and has been for years. Plus, it's only the two of them. Also, Erika hasn't really ever wanted anything that expensive besides a laptop and phone so they have a lot of money saved up as well. Her mom and I have always wished for this girl to grow up and get some new, fashionable, clothes. Of course we love her the way she is but she always got picked on. It was the only way to stop it. She finally decided she wasn't going to have a shitty senior year and her mom was all in. Also, Erika works at a camp during the summer and babysits five different families so she has plenty money of her own as well.
Alex: What a great story. Now why do you tell it?
Cortney: Erika doesn't like money. She thinks it's a weapon or something. Everyone at school thinks she's poor. But I think she should be proud. She always thought that you don't need a lot to be happy and she's right. This girl is the happiest person, usually, even with the bullying. Now, because she's so grateful, she has all this saved up money. She should be proud of her actions because I know I am. For god sakes, she's only 17 and was thinks about money by the time she was 9.
Alex: Interesting. But I still think three pairs from here is good. We'll grab a few and then you can go try them on while we find you shirts.
Erika: Great.

After Shopping

We get into my Jeep with bags and bags of clothes. Honestly, it was a workout. We went to AE, Urban Outfitters, H&M, Forever 21, DSW, Victoria Secret, Nordstrom, Dick's, Charming Charlie, Lululemon, and Altar'd State. Then we got makeup from Sephora and some cosmetics from Bath and Body Works and Lush.