12.

Skip to Friday, just an FYI I'll be skipping a lot because writing about school and the same thing over and over again is boring 👍🏼

I enter first period with Cortney and we sit down in our usual spots. Everyone was in class by the time the bell ring. Jake still sat in the back and we're still meeting up everyday, somehow.

Coop: Okay, so it's Friday. Homecoming everybody. The football game and parade is tonight. Who's walking in the parade?

Tons of people raise their hands including Cortney. She walks in the parade for cheerleading and they walk all the way down the street and into the football game. They have four cheers for the parade and two for walking into the parade.

Jake and Anthony don't raise their hands because they made the football team. They have to prepare before hand for the game.

Coop: Okay, hands down. I'm going to the game and I expect to see a lot of you there since a lot of you raised your hands. Now, as you guys know I like to think of myself as a pretty laid back teacher, but the school is having all first period teachers telling all of you rules. The expectations for tonight at the parade and football game. So listen up. I get it, you guys are the kings of all the schools besides college. But the parade is open to everybody, even people out of town. Please watch out for little kids trying to collect candy and don't steal candy from kids. I'm not telling you you can't collect candy but there's literally 5 year olds out there. Let them get the majority. Next thing, football game. Elementary kids will be there. Little kids with their parents will be there. Middle schoolers will be there. You guys should know this by now for some of you have been going to them since you were small. Sadly, last year we had to separate grades because of bullying. PLEASE be respectful to everyone there. We don't want to have to ban bags again because you guys bring in drugs or alcohol. We just got a new hangout building with renovated concession stands, go there to get food and to take a breather if needed. Control your feelings and self for there's little kids there that don't need to see your tongue in someone else's mouth.

The class laughs and some people look at each other. I look at Cortney but I can feel him, and I would look back, but I know Cortney will. And she does.

Coop: Okay, Okay. You're 17 and 18 year olds. I know what goes on. So do you think you can follow those rules?

The class agrees to follow them and a smile spreads across Mrs. Coops face. She goes on with class and they day  goes by fast. At the end of the day I meet Cortney in the front of the school. She's already in her cheerleading outfit and I just stand there, no smile, no nothing. I guess I'm actually bummed that Jake didn't meet up with me today.

Cortney: Hey.
Erika: Hi. Throw me extra candy?
Cortney: Awh, baby girl I know you won't be there. We go down your road. You always sit out on your balcony. No closer.
Erika: Can I watch under the bleachers today?
Cortney: Of course. But I would get there now before the football team does. We don't need you getting in trouble just yet.

I smile and run off to the field. I climb over the fence near the bleachers and sit down on a blanket that stays there year round. I did this everyday last year. I sat on this blanket in the corner so no one could see me. I watched Cortney, every single day. When it rained? Change out the blanket. I have a whole shelf in a closet labeled bleachers blankets. I always have one in the back of my Jeep.

The football team comes out onto the field and throw their things at the metal benches. They immediately start passing back and forth. Then the cheer leaders. Pom poms and everything. I watch Cortney half the time, and Jake the other. He knows I'm down here.

He seems distracted some of the time and I wonder why. What could possibly be on his mind? He loves football, loves it.At the end of practice Cortney runs over to me.