||Justice||

It was a new day which means new experiences. When I walked into the halls of Blue Mountain University everyone stared. I mean it wasn't like this was a new thing to me, everyone stares but this time it was different. I recognized most of the kids from yesterday when they crowded around Connor and Colton fighting. They looked fearful but why would they fear me? I didn't do anything. Are they scared of Colton beating them up? 

I went through my day like how I normally would, of course, there were people insulting me and whispering. It would never stop no matter what if the world blew up the whispers and disgusted looks and remarks would continue. It was my free period so I went to the garden area and sat in front of the fountain leaning against it. 

I decided to scroll through Instagram and there were new comments calling me a slut and a whore and making it seem like I am just trying to ruin Connor's life. There were new DMS saying the same thing over and over again. There was a shadow inching towards where I was. The person came and sat down next to me laying down on the grass. I looked beside me and it was Colton. We stayed in silence which left me with my thoughts.

After minutes of silence, Colton sits up abruptly, turning around facing me. I look up, worried that he was thinking about his sister again.

"You ok there Colton?" I ask unsure on what to do.

"We need to go to the police about this Laia. You need to get justice." Colton says calmly. 

"What? Are you crazy? Do you understand how powerful Connors parents are? They're never going to take our side." I was 100% that Colton was going insane. Connors parents rule the town and no one would listen to us. Heck, they would probably pay the judge to take their side and they would have the best lawyer.

"But if we never go to the police then Connor could do this again to another innocent person. You will never get justice for what he did to you and you could be helping another people Laia." Colton looked at me sternly.

"I would have to go to court Colton. COURT. I would have to face him and tell the story to people who won't believe me because who would believe the girl who cried rape over the awesome Connor Pierson."  I teared up just thinking about it. "I would have flashbacks attack me, I would have a panic attack and he would have the best lawyer. It would get him out of it Colton. He could pay the judge to keep quiet and take his side." I took a deep breath. "Do you not understand all the negative outcomes that could come out of this?"

"But he could also wind up behind bars Laia." Colton sighed and his eyes turned soft.

"And if he does end up behind bars he can get out. His parents would bail him out and everyone would hate me. People think of him as a god. It will be in the newspapers and when they interview people they are going to be outraged." That's when the waterworks started working. "Colton I cant deal with any of this anymore."

"It's okay Laia, there's no need to worry. Connor and his family may rule this place but they can't ignore us." Colton reassures me. 

"The harassment and the bullying is going to get 10 times worse. I'm not going to be able to withhold everything that's going to come at me." My hands were shaking a lot.

"Who said you have to face it alone?" His hands held mine but then quickly released them.

"If I file a report can it be kept quiet? So nobody knows about it and it doesn't get released to the town?" Colton nods. 

"We can ask the officer but word is going to get out. This is a case against the towns golden boy."

"Exactly! People are going to hate me more than they already do." I try to reason with him. Colton runs his hand through his hair. 

"Listen, I know that your worried about doing this. You have every right to be. But you need to understand, you can't just sit here scared and let him get away with what he did. Maybe it won't work out the way we are hoping but at least you know that you tried." Colton says softly, his hands finding its way back to mine. 

"I'm scared Colton. I'm tired of being scared but I am. I don't want to hurt myself more than he hurt me." I whisper, tears falling out of my eyes. Coltons arms pull me into his warm body. 

"I swear on my whole life, i'll be with you the whole time. I'll never leave your side." Colton swears. I nod, rubbing my tears away. He rubs my shoulders reassuringly.

"Come on, after school, we'll go." I nod, finally hoping to get justice.