Episode 9- running away some more

I ran out of sight of morty, unsure if Rick was even following behind him anymore and exhaled a breath I held in for a while and walked around where I was. It was very far from the orphanage, or what's left of it anyway, so I had no idea where I had gone or how to get back. So what did I do? I continued to walk until I saw an old abandoned house, seemingly to look as If it was falling apart. I say 'Seemingly' because it didn't look fully abandoned, but it was falling apart from the outside. It just look slightly... Unatral for a run down house. I looked around me and quickly went inside, hoping nobody had seen me. The inside was more nicer than the out side which brought a question to my head 'Was this intentionality damaged from the outside?' I walked a few more inside before stepping on a bagpack, full of nothing but some parts of what I thought was a machine. I glanced at the book I had and stuffed it inside the bag, caring it over my shoulders. "That should make it easier... Maybe.." I continued down a hall that looked bright enough for me to see. It may look nice, but damn is it dark! As i walked closer to the light I felt something behind me lurking very quietly... Then I heard the front door slam and Morty's voice filled the air "(Y/N)! Where did you go!" Just then, the lurking presence behind me disappeared as I ran away again from his voice which, everywhere I went would seem to follow me 'Why am I running away? Isn't he a friend? Why wouldn't I tell them!' I thought as more questions seemed to rise than answers. I ran Into a room with a closet, and an open window. Taking my chances I threw a peice of something heavy to seem as if I went out the window and hid quickly and silently in the closet. The window trick seemed to work as nobody came into the room. I exhaled and exited the closet, but not before a portal opened up and a hand grabbed me, pulling me in to what I assumed was my doom.