A Wish to Escape

She’s been living not in the world her eyes glanced upon, but the world her mind did

She’s been living not in the world her eyes glanced upon, but the world her mind did. She’s been living not between the fleeting gazes, but between the worlds the words in the books she kept close to her heart, all of them being made a home in her eternal soul. She’s been laughing not with the friends who betrayed her trust, but with the characters in the books she wished she could relate to.

Her mind’s an escape from the twisted reality she wished she didn’t know anything about. The twisted reality laughing at her, mocking her every living moment. The twisted reality being her appalling prison. The twisted reality offering her no choice but to remain trapped in it forever.

Her mind’s a prison for the astounding thoughts that stroke each dark hallways and corners of her mind gracefully. And they’ve been trying to find a way out, a route to get away from this but to no avail. They’re trapped forever.

And the fire — the fire that had been burning inside her lungs since the moment her soul caught on the obviousness from the obliviousness evokes until she collapsed.

Or, at least, wished that she did.