Chapter 1 / Returing to the living

Matts pov

Tonight was the night that Evan and I would go immerse ourselves in alcohol and girls. I felt icky at the thought of enjoying a one night stand after being in a relationship with Samantha for a  year. I couldn't imagine sex without any emotional connection with a stranger. I layed in bed waiting for Evan to swing by, since he was my ride. I stared at my red LED lights decorating the perimeter of my room and listened to For the First Time on my record player sinking into my feels before I go out to Drunk Heaven.

Evan pulled up to my house in his slim white Mazda 3 blasting Biggie. I couldn't help but smile breaking out of my sad boy episode. I sat in his car silent not noticing he was talking to me.

"Matt are you fucking deaf you twat" Evan

spoke in an English accent.

"oH shitt, I'm sorry I was just thinking about life" I responded.

"You've been silent this whole time as if you're just a dead corpse" he told me.

He drove up a hill in the suburbs to find the house of Drunk Heaven. The landscape view was so touching. Lights decorated Austin, Texas like a blanket. Everything felt warm. I could tell which house was Drunk Heaven just from the trash trap music echoing down the quiet street in a belligerent way. I already wasn't attracted to go based on the music choice of host. There was no way in hell I could leave Evan there alone and vulnerable. Not after he was beat of by a group of homophobic unwoke morons. Finding him bruised and bleeding from the fists bigotry made me want burry them in concrete. However, tonight I was going to be on the lookout for a sweet girl. One that would make my heart flutter at first sight.

I could smell the vape juices flowing out the house through the front yard that produced like a fog machine. I walked through the front door flexing a fit in my white Fila Disruptors. Alcohol reeked from all directions. I made my way to the living room. The only things in sight were red Solo Cups and sweaty bodies grinding against each other. I glanced over at the t.v. to see the World Cup was on, but there were too many heads blocking it. I hovered over to the backyard. It was actually soulless. Everyone was inside, since it was chilly. The view from the backyard reminded me of a house in the Hollywood Hills with a view over the city. I heard a light sneeze from where the tiki hut is. It was apparent I wasn't the only one outside. I decided to see who would sit outside in this cuddle weather alone. I walked around the couch facing the view of the city. There sat a girl. I noticed her hoops and champion sweatshirt. She was cuddling with a pillow and watching the lights of the city flicker all alone.