Chapter 10 / You got me

Ivy's pov

My friend Genesis got me into doing events with her. Stripper type stuff. It paid well! Plus tips people would shower on us with. She dragged me into doing a New Years Party in downtown Austin. The guy hosting the party bought us outfits to fit in with his theme. 

~

Genesis and I laid against the gray wall in the hall staring through the large window. The cars scattered through the road. People strolled on the side walk like time was waiting for them. I inhaled deeply. I got stressed at the thought of pretending like I know how to dance. Let alone on a pole. "Let's go! you've spent enough time staring at nothing" she bitterly stated. I raised my lip and rolled my eyes at her. I found myself following her tracks into a penthouse. The penthouse was dressed in glass windows. Fairy lights streamed down them. "Right this way" a man told me. He had brown fluffy hair and a british accent. "My name is louis" he said smirking and gave me a wink. All I could think about was Matt.

~

My feet ached from these ridiculous heels. I could feel the sweat beating down from my head. The music clouded the room. My view for the past hours has been a mob of people grinding on each other. I turned to my right to see Genesis still dancing. I wanted to bail so bad. I felt a pain of pressure on the front of my forehead. I just wanted to head home. I looked back at the fairly lights streaming of the glass windows. Below them I saw Matt staring at me. I instantly felt a feeling of nausea. I stepped down kicked, off my heels, and ran out to the bedroom to get my bag. I threw on fuzzy socks, white air forces, my baby blue teddy jackey, and rushed through the chesnut door. I felt a tug on my wrist. "You trying to come in there with me?" he said while getting a tighter grip on my wrist." No thanks" I told him. "No one ever tells me no". He squeezed my wrist even harder. "Leave her alone" someone yelled from a distance. "Why should I?" he said still not letting go of me. He dropped to the ground and dragged me with him. Everything was cloudy. The hallway was purely dim. The man who punched him also kicked him. "Everything is okay... let me give you a hand". He held his hand out me. Our hands met. A warm touch. I rose from the floor to meet with his sparkly eyes. "Let's get the hell out of here".