Chapter 3 / His place

Matts pov

I wanted to leave this party because it was getting late. However, I didn't want to leave Ivy alone. She was just too precious.

"Do want to come over to my place? It's almost midnight...I don't want to be killed by a drunk driver" I told her in a sort of joking way.

"You're literally a total stranger... But you don't seem like a serial killer, so why not I guess?" she responded.

I requested an Uber, since Evan drove me. Ivy laid her head on my chest as we waited for our Uber.

"Matt...don't hurt me when we go to your place" she whispered as she picked her head up from my chest
.
What she said alarmed me. From my perspective, I would never inflict pain on a girl despite all she's done to me.

"Of course not baby girl. I want to protect you" I softly responded while I wrapped my arms around her for a hug,

"Ok ok ok I totally trust you" she giggled.

I received a notification that the Uber arrived. We both stood up and I grabbed her hand to hold as we walked around the side of the house to the Uber.

"Ouch" she screamed.

She tripped and our hands lost touch. I pulled her up from the grass.

"Do you want to hop on my back" I asked

"Actually yes" she exclaimed.

I bent down for Ivy to jump on my back. She wrapped her hands around my neck as I reached my arms back for her legs. I could feel her warm breath against my neck making me quiver. We then reached the street for our Uber to head to my place

*     *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

Ivys pov

The Uber ride was too quiet. I kept thinking about how I want to hook up with him and be on top of him, but I don't think I'm ready because of my past, and he hasn't made his intentions clear of what he intends to do when we arrive to his home.  For Christ sake, I don't even know Matt. I've never just gone home with a guy before.  I'm just going to hope that the universe doesn't let me die in his hands, but he seems so sweet.

I hopped out of the Uber and looked around. He lives close to the city of Austin. My off campus apartment is probably close to here. The wind blew hard making me shiver. I could feel Matts warm arm wrap around my body. He made me feel safe. Just what I needed after the way my ex- boyfriend Noah treated me. I've always felt tense at the thought of immersing myself amongst guys, like at parties. That's why I sat outside. Guys grabbing my ass put me distress.

We walked through the lobby and to the elevator. The music being played in the elevator was Africa by Toto. Matt was singing along to it. He sings really sexy. How could one make Africa sound so hot. He's so adorable.

He unlocked the door to his apartment

"You live alone?" I asked.

"I sure do. It's actually peaceful" he responded.

I couldn't help but notice that most of his furnishing is from ikea. His place is so cute and surprisingly neat. I walked over to his bedroom because of the red lights radiating from under his door. I opened the door to see his room lined with LED light strips. I walked around his room to see polaroid pictures and his mini music studio. I felt hands grab me from behind.

"Oh my god' I yelled.

I didn't get that choking feeling of anxiety like I did with Noah. I feel comfortable with Matt.

"It's ok, it's just me'" he laughed.

"What brought you in here?" He asked.

"The red hue attracted me" I told him.

Not being at my place came with several problems: I have nowhere to place my contacts, I have no change of clothes, and I don't have a toothbrush. I told Matt and he actually had an extra contact case from a multipack and I used mouthwash for the brushing situation. I looked in his closet for a t-shirt and athletic shorts. I took a royal blue t-shirt and black champion shorts.
"You look cute in my clothes" he told me as he was walking to his bathroom. I followed him. His bathroom also had LED lights but they were purple.

"Can we take a picture for my snapchat?" I asked.

"Of course baby girl" he responded.

I took the picture as he was wrapped around me with his chin on my head and my head buried in his chest. The purple lights made the photo aesthetically pleasing. I saved and posted it on my story. Now it was well past midnight. I hopped in his bed after plugging in my phone and cleaning myself up. Matt made sure the door and windows were locked before laying down with me. I stared at him walking into the room and shutting the door. He laid down and stared into my eyes making me feel gushy.

"Can I kiss you" he innocently asked.

I didn't even respond. I leaned over and plopped my lips on his. He kissed back passionately. He grabbed my body and rolled me on top of him. I leaned on him and we continued to kiss him. I could feel his hands running up and down my back. His big hands were driving me crazy. I felt his member poke at me making me jump.

"Matt!" I Screamed.

"My bad my bad" he laughed aloud.

"Can we not go there tonight?" I asked him

"Whatever you want. I don't want to do anything you don't want to do" Matt said

It made me happy that he isn't another crazy guy just looking for sex. We laid together in his comfy bed under his red lights. We watched Family Guy until being disrupted by repeated knocks that later turned into banging on the door. Matt rolled out of bed to see who was at the door. I heard the door opening and yelling began to unfold. I got up to see the commotion. The door was closed and I then opened it. My heart sank and my anxiety began to choke me.