Chapter 5 / A short parting

Ivys pov

His digital clock read 8:12 am. I attempted to roll over, but Matt was snuggled up against me. I could see the daylight creeping in between his jet black curtains. I don't want to leave at all. I wish I could stay in bed with Matt all day long.

"Fuck, I have economics at 10:45" I thought to myself.

It's Monday, and this week is the last week of classes before finals. I needed to get to my apartment, get changed, freshen up, gather my school shit and laptop, and rush to campus. I wiggled in Matt's arms, so he would release me.

"Matt I need you to move" I told him.

"Mmmmm I don't want you to leave..... but do what you have to do" he mumbled.

"I have class in a few hours. I need to head home. Can you drive me?" I asked him in a sweet voice.

A smile grew on his face from me trying to be cute, so I didn't have to pay for an uber.

"Ivy that's not even a question. I would absolutely take you home" he responded while picking himself up from the bed to meet eye level with me.

He reached for his phone and played Nothing by Rex.

"When we first spent the night
Nothing else would ever feel that way
In my room it all changed"

*     *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   *   *   *

Matts pov
I found a sling bag in my closet to put Ivy's clothes from last night in. I don't want her to leave me, but school is important, and I don't want to hold her back. I offered to make her eggs and toast, but she refused.

"Do you have everything?" I asked.

"Uh yea...I'm assuming" she responded.

It's a little after 9:00 am. I opened the door and she walked out. I locked my door and ran to catch up with her. I grabbed her hand to hold as we walked to the parking garage. We arrived to my car and I opened the door of my Jeep Wrangler for her.

"Your Jeep is so cute" she said as she gazed around the inside.

I smiled. I walked around the car to get to the drivers side. She put on the directions to her off-campus apartment for me to follow.

"Do you want Dunkin or Starbucks for breakfast? You haven't eaten anything. I'll buy it for you" I told her.

"Can we go to Dunkin? I didn't want you to cook for me" she responded.

We picked up food and headed to apartment.

"You can drop me off here" she pointed out.

"Alright" I smiled.

"When is the next time I'll be seeing you" I asked.

"Tonight if you want" she said as she bit her lip.