Chapter 8 / Plans

Matts pov

I lay in bed staring out my window. Only to see the view of a street. It was lightly snowing. I rolled out of my bed and walked to the living room to turn on a small Christmas tree I bought from Target. The rainbow lights glowed throughout the living room from the weather is cloudy. I looked down at the tree and smiled because Ivy left a gift for me with a note saying "DO NOT OPEN TILL CHRISTMAS". Ivy left back to Connecticut. I'm devastated because we won't be together for Christmas or New Years. In the meantime, I poured a bowl of Cheerios and bounced into my gamer chair and began to research places to stay and go to on our road trip. There are so many airbnbs with stunning views. I was thinking of having two stops in New Mexico to give us time to explore there. Our last stop would be Phoenix. I wish we could drive to San Diego, but there's no time because she's starting the spring semester.

*** Two days before Christmas eve ***

Andres stared out the windows of his extravagant house watching the sunset as he sipped on his bourbon before he began to speak to me.

"Matt... you're my delivery guy. This is a huge opportunity for me, or rather us to make money. These people want all sorts of crazy shit like cocaine, prescription drugs, loads of liquor, and edibles. This is a huge deal. I'll give a 25% cut. All you need to do is deliver it to the Austonian PentHouse 38 NE. Louis is expecting you."