[ 06 ]

JOSÉPHINE ABSOLUTELY LOVED HOGWARTS. That was all she would write to her parents when she had to send her mandatory weekly letter. She had never felt like she had belonged somewhere as much as she did at Hogwarts.

The scenery, classes and people made it even better. With the location somewhere in central Scotland the Hogwarts Castle, a masterpiece on its own, had a beautiful backdrop of rolling hills and lush greenery to add to the picture of perfection.

The classes were also more challenging there. Joséphine was used to passing her classes smoothly, often taking up various hobbies to keep her from boredom. But the things they learnt at Hogwarts was much more complex than the studies she undertook in France.

As a seventh and final year student, they learnt advanced magic such as conjuring a corporeal Patronus and mastering wandless magic. While Joséphine had already practice the latter field since she was 13, she had never had the chance to learn about Patronuses, thanks in part to her mother controlling her curriculum.

The people of Hogwarts were what Josephine enjoyed the most though. She had always been surrounded by people who were... for lack of better word snobbish. Raised in an aristocratic pureblood community, all she had ever known was magic. At school she learnt magic, and at home she was surrounding it as her family resided in the biggest-and only- magical village in the South of France.

At Hogwarts, Joséphine was able to associate with a broader range of people including muggleborns and had even met a squib, Argus Filch the new caretaker.  He was a slightly bitter middle aged man who seemed lonely, so Joséphine had gone out of her way to talk to him and offer pleasantries.

Joséphine felt stupid at being excited at things like this, yet it opened her eyes to how naive she really was. She previously had no connections to the Muggle world but Hogwarts had changed that completely, opening her up to new experiences she never knew she needed.

Lily Evans was an angel sent from the heavens, with a soft smile and kindness set dee in her bones, the sweet red head had managed to worm her way into Joséphine's heart. The Seignar girl had never really had close friends, acquaintances for sure, but had never had the chance to have best friends as her mother deemed them unimportant and useless.

"The more people you have closer to you, the easier it is to destroy you,"

Was what Genevieve had told her when she had asked to sleep over her friend Angelique's house. The answer had been no, and Joséphine had experienced the first bound of loneliness that would become more frequent as she got older.

It wasn't until she attended Hogwarts, and met people like Lily Evans that Joséphine realised just how lonely she had become.

Without notice, Joséphines mind turned towards the grey eyed Sirius Black. It had been two weeks and a half since the little incident in the Astronomy tower and Joséphines blood still boiled at the thought of the arrogant boy. She had effectively avoided Sirius, though it was hard at times as she had nearly all her classes with him and his friends, and had to sit next to him in some of them as well.

Yet every time the boy would try to speak to her, she would turn away or focus on her work, knowing full well it annoyed the boy.

It wasn't until the first Quidditch match of the season that Joséphine talked to the Black boy again. It was Slytherin versus Ravenclaw and the whole of Hogwarts was joining in on the festivities, even some of the teachers decking themselves in either Blue or Green to show their support.

Joséphine didn't know each of the houses enough to support one of them, yet when the rest of her dorm mates chose teams she couldn't help but wear blue as she had come to miss her signature colour. Alice too had worn blue whilst Marlene had chosen green as it "looked best on her", Lily had worn a mix of both as she had friends in all the houses and didn't want to be biased. So with a large blue ribbon in her red hair and a soft green sweater which brought out her eyes, the girls made their way towards the Quidditch pitch after breakfast.