[ 12 ]

THE PEOPLE OF HOGWARTS were surprised to see Sirius Black run through the halls

THE PEOPLE OF HOGWARTS were surprised to see Sirius Black run through the halls. It wasn't like he never ran, usually after a prank was pulled you would catch him and James Potter running for their lives as Professor McGonagal chased them. Even then the boy usually looked like he was gracefully speed-walking as he was usually always put together.

That's why it was a surprise that he was running through the halls as if he were on fire, he didn't even care that his usually perfect hair was getting disheveled either, another huge surprise for the students.

The reason for his hasty sprint, was that he wanted to get Joséphine before she had double Alchemy. He had memorised her timetable, slightly surprised when he found that she was even taking Alchemy, and saw that this was the period when he had a free and thought it best time to talk to her as she usually spent lunch at the library and barely any time at dinner.

He had meant to ask her to Hogsmeade the weekend before, being pressured into it by Remus who was sick of all the rambling Sirius did of Joséphine. He of course, had gotten distracted when he had seen her baking and especially laughing, but had worked up the nerve once again this morning to actually do it.

It was a new concept for Sirius, being nervous to ask out a girl, usually he could do it while asking out her friend at the same time and avoid both of them getting mad at him. It usually ended with him having two dates instead of one, and double the fun. Much to the dismay of James and Remus. But Joséphine was different.

It wasn't that she was different than other girls. Truthfully, he had seen girls even prettier than her. And her brown hair and green eyes wasn't exactly a rarity at Hogwarts, but despite that she was still different. Maybe it was the way she held herself, or how she was so observing and patient. The way she was kind without asking for anything in return or the fact that she always smiled.

Whatever it was, Sirius Black was completely obsessed with her.

He found her waiting outside an old Charms room, his annoying cousin and her sidekick waiting with her and laughing. When they saw him, his cousin raised an eyebrow at him and smirked. 'God she was so annoying' he thought as he glared at her in return.

"If it isn't Hogwarts resident player," Calliope drawled, finding the grimace Sirius sent back to her entertaining. "Hello cousin, you look a mess."

"Shut up Lio." Sirius snapped, glaring at her and in extension her other friend he didn't know the name of.

"Well then, I can see when I'm not wanted." Callie once again smirked as she kissed Joséphines cheek softly. "Talk to you later babe."

Joséphine barely had time to give her friends a smile before they were off giggling down the halls. She turned to Sirius, who already had his eyes on her, his intense gaze amplified by the stormy grey colour.

"Did you need something?" Joséphine asked with a smile, trying to ignore the flutter of her heart as he smiled wide.

"I wanted to ask you something," Sirius wrung his hands together, not used to being this nervous for anything.