[ 13 ]

JOSÉPHINE HAD NEVER BEEN ON A DATE BEFORE

JOSÉPHINE HAD NEVER BEEN ON A DATE BEFORE. Truthfully, she had never even been alone with a boy before. So when the day for the first Hogsmeade trip of the year came up, she wanted to hide away and pretend she was sick from the nerves she was feeling.

Of course, her dorm mates were having none of that and were more excited than Joséphine herself.

"I can't believe Sirius I-obviously-have-commitment-issues Black actually asked you on a date!" Marlene smirked from her position on Joséphines bed.

"It's not a date," Joséphine protested as she held up another dress to her frame as she glanced in the floor length mirror the girls shared. "He just wanted to show me around."

"Yeah, show you around the inside of his mouth." Marlene snickered, causing Joséphine to blush and Alice to throw a pillow at her.

"Don't listen to her," Dorcas spoke up from her position on the windowsill. "It's just that Black doesn't exactly date."

"It's not a date."

"Whatever," Lily spoke up now. "Black just doesn't ask to spend time alone with a girl, especially if Potter doesn't follow along like his shadow."

"What do you mean?"

"Sirius doesn't date." Alice explained to the confused girl. "Like ever."

"There was that one time in fourth year when he dated that seventh year for a month but that barely counts as she was graduating soon anyway," Dorcas piped in, staring out the window dreamily.

"The only serious girl Black has been involved with is his crazy mum and his incestous cousins." Marlene snickered once more only for three out of four of the girls remaining to throw something at her. 

"Don't worry Josie, ignore Mar she's just jealous." Placating the scared French girl who looked even more nervous to go anywhere than she did that morning.

"As if," Marlene snorted. "If I wanted Black I would of had him, besides my taste these days are purely feminine."

Marlene threw an exaggerated wink towards Joséphine who, despite knowing the blonde was joking, blushed Scarlett at the attention.

"Right," Lily rolled her eyes. "Let's get you dressed."

Half an hour later, Joséphine was ready for her not-date. Lily had huffed many times within the 30 minutes, complaining about the range of clothes that Joséphine had to offer. Apparently the pretty red head had been 'severely limited' as Joséphines clothes were very vintage. Josie also apparently dressed like Dorcas' grandmother and the comment had made all the girls giggle softly.

They had decided on a burgundy cocktail dress with a high collar and a thick belt around the waist that fell above her knees. A pair of black stockings and a borrowed pair of 'converses' from Lily, as well as a thick black coat were what kept Josephine warm in the freezing Scottish weather. Josephine wasn't feeling confident like she would have in France. Mostly because the dressing here was very different to the way she dressed at home and she couldn't help but feel ostracised at the fact.