Orphaned

I was turning off the all the lights before madam Teresa came back so I wouldn't get in trouble when I heard a knock at the door. I went downstairs to the door and opened it finding a baby with a note attached in a box at the doorstep. I grabbed the note and read it. Please take care of my child I can't afford to pay for her needs because I have very little money and I will not be able to make it. I am dying from cancer, it started after I had my baby and I have no family to take care of her. Her name is Luna Charleston she is only a year old please I beg you don't let her die. Signed Elsie Charleston. The baby then began crying and I put the note down and picked her up carrying her into the house when madam Teresa's car pulled up and she walked over stopping me from going inside. "What do you have there young lady you know I don't allow animals in here?" She got in front of me and looked down seeing the baby I was holding in my arms. "Who left the baby here Willow you tell me now?" I gave her the note and she sighed in frustration. "Well guess I have no choice but to take the baby in but since you found her she's your responsibility understand." I nodded and carried the baby up to my room and tried to get her to stop crying so she would fall asleep. I didn't have a bottle so I put my finger to her mouth and she sucked my finger falling asleep in my arms.