Chapter 2- This Is A School?

I groaned, not wanting to wake up. That pill really knocked me out. Why was I moving? I opened one eye to see Rin above me.

"Why are you carrying me?" I asked.

My voice sounded weird, a little higher than before.

"You wouldn't wake up, so I had to carry you off the pane. You sleep heavily." Rin said letting me stand.

"Are all these people speaking english? We are in Japan right?" I asked.

"Of course not, you're gift allows you to understand most languages. You in fact, are speaking japanese right now. Since you can't control it, you change languages without realizing it. Your voice sounds higher, right? Your voice tone changes as well." Rin explained.

After buying me a sandwich at one of the cafés, we headed towards the arrival gate.

"Our car is over there."  Rin said, as we came to the line of cars.

"Is that a limo?" I asked, my eyes wide.

Rin opened the car door for me, then got in himself.

"It's just a limo, though I do wish I had a more discrete car. So, now we head to the academy. Well, academy town." Rin said.

"Academy town?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Brightcross academy town. It's a little town surrounding the academy. Now to the things I wanted to talk about. While at Brightcross, your name will be Misaki Tsuri." I nodded and he continued "Brightcross is a normal school not the training school. You'll attend Brightcross during the day, and in the afternoon you'll attend cram school. You'll be staying in dorm 202 in the east building. It's an old building, so no one will be there. I pulled some strings, so we'll both be staying in the dorm." Rin said.

He moved to the panel between us and the driver and knocked on it. The panel lowered.

"Did you do as I asked?" Rin asked.

"Yes, sir." the driver said.

He handed Rin a bag and something long in a cover. The panel raised again and Rin threw the bag at me.

"That's your uniform. Put it on."

I opened the bag then closed it.

"I'm not wearing this. It's yellow and pink." I said, shuttering theatrically.

"I thought that much, you never did like yellow. There's another uniform under that one." Rin said, staring out the window.

I changed into a white button down, a black blazer with the school emblem, and a black skirt halfway to my knees.

"Rin, can you help me with the tie?" I asked.

He moved next to me and started tying my tie. When he finished he looked up at me, catching my eyes. I couldn't help but feel my cheeks get warm. I turned to look away but Rin put a hand under my chin making me look at him.

"Your eyes, they're purple." he said. I looked down at my hands.

"I know, it's weird. I have a genetic mutation, at least that's what my mom told me." I said quietly.

Rin let go and picked up the thing in the cover.

"Take this. It's a sword but you must never draw it from it's sheath. Understand?"

I nodded and took notice of something.

"Are we wearing the same thing?" I questioned.

"Yes, but I was barely able to pull stings. And not the same thing, I have pants." Rin said, sounding bored.

The car stopped, causing Rin to come to the door.

"Ready, Misaki?" Rin asked.

"Let's do this."

*****

The second Rin opened the door, I regretted it. Everyone was looking at us.

"You look nervous." Rin commented.

"Of course, you idiot! People are staring at me." I said.

I hated when people stared at me. People used to stare at me in hate before I had changed.

"They have a reason you know." Rin said, playing with a lock of my hair. "People like you don't come around to often. Unique and beautiful aren't often seen here. Now wait here, I have to go pick up something."

Rin walked away leaving me feeling awkward.

"Who are you?" a girl asked me.

"Um, Misaki Tsuri."

That's what Rin said right? Three girls stood in front of me, glaring.

"How do you get your hair so black?" the girl in front asked.

"It's naturally this color."

"Quit lying, new girl. Just tell me." she scoffed.

She grabbed a piece of my hair and gave it a small tug. I winced.

"Fine, don't tell me. But let me tell you, Rin Shinigami will be mine. I, Misa, will win his heart, as president of the Shinigami fan club I know everything about him."

She's crazy, I concluded. A hand came out of nowhere, knocking Misa's hand away.

"Shoo, Misa." Rin looked down at Misa coldly. I guess the feeling aren't shared. "Here's your bag, Misaki. Let's go, the opening ceremony starts soon." Rin said guiding me away.

"Sorry, I should have warned you. I have a fan club here,  it's ridiculous." Rin said.

I followed him to the auditorium.

"Wow, this is like a play theater. Like one of the nice ones in New York City." I said.

"Let's sit in the back." Rin said sounding annoyed.

When we sat down, we were surrounded by girls in seconds. The ceremony was long and boring, causing me to lose interest in the first three minutes. After it finished, Rin was out of there like a bat out of hell. I had to run to catch up to him.

"Slow down for a second." I panted.

Rin stopped and said, "Sorry, I just don't want the fan club to catch up. They're-"  It was too late, they caught up.

"Rin! What dorm are you staying in?" Misa asked.

"The east building." he mumbled.

"That dump? Why would they have you staying there?" That's when Rin got an angry look.

"Actually, I like that building and I asked to stay there. Come on Misaki, we have somewhere to be." Rin said.

"So, where do we have to go?" I asked.

"Cram school. Brightcross classes don't start yet but cram school starts today. Take this key, it will let you into cram school through any door. One more thing I forgot to mention. Guard that sword with your life. If something happens to that sword, we'll have some big problems." Rin said.

"Then you take it!" I said freaking out.

"I can't, it's part of your gift." he said casually.

I nodded and followed Rin to the back of a building.

Rin pulled out a key and asked, "Are you ready?"

"I wish you would stop asking that." I said.

Rin smirked and opened the door.

~~~~~

A/N So how do you like the story so far? The mysteries grow!