Fight at the Ice Palace!

Your E/C eyes fluttered open and you shifted positions on your comfy bed.

'Bed?' You though as you suddenly sat up. 'I thought I was on the floor...' 

You rubbed your eyes tiredly, you cried a lot the night before so your eyes are still tired. You felt empty inside, you didn't know what to feel. You just found out that the people with the same mark as you, your 'people', enslaved and murdered thousands of your friend's race. That bit a lot. You sighed and brought your knees to your chest, hugging them. You noticed a small pastry with a note beside it on your night table. You took the note and read it:

Y/N,

I felt bad for leaving you behind back in Planet Hydo so I made a pastry for you as an apology. I hope you can forgive me for my stubbornness.

-Amy

You smiled at her letter; she wasn't a bad person, she was just annoyingly stubborn. You took the plate and the fork and started eating the delicious pastry. It was damn good. Amy could literally be your tsundere waifu. Then again, you already have Sonic. Speaking of him, Sonic entered your room with his usual warm smile. 

"Hey Y/N, how're you doing?" He asked, sitting on the edge of your bed.

"I'm doing fine." You replied with a smile. "This pastry is really good!"

"Amy made it just for you."

"Yeah I read the letter. That's really sweet of her. I'll have to thank her later."

"Yeah... So why were you on the floor last night?" Sonic asked which nearly made you choke.

"I was on the floor?" You questioned, faking your cluelessness. Sonic nodded.

"Your cheeks were stained too." He added which made you start to sweat.

"Oh?" 

"Y/N." Sonic taunted.

"I guess I felt really cold so my cheeks and nose were red I mean it's freezing here how can we cha-" 

"Y/N." He cut you off sternly. "You were crying. What happened?"

"I... I'm just feeling homesick." You spoke.

"Is that all? I heard yelling down the hallway last night."

You looked away from him, not wanting to tell him about your unfortunate discovery. You couldn't just tell him that you were a murderer, he would hate you. Everyone would hate you for killing half of Cosmo's race. Sonic placed his hand on yours and put his other hand gently on your cheek, turning your face to look at him. 

"Y/N..." He spoke gently. "What's wrong? You've been acting pretty distant lately and everyone's worried - I'm worried. Please tell me so I - we - can help you." 

"You wouldn't understand..." You mumbled, furrowing your eyebrows.

"Why not?"

"Because your race aren't murderers who killed your friend's family!" You exclaimed, grabbing Sonic's hands from your face and putting them down. 

"What are you talking about?"

"I've been hearing voices in head ever since I got this symbol on my forehead. This woman has been telling me that my race of people from this world enslaved and killed half of Cosmo's population. That night when I collapsed, Cosmo and I had an argument and she called me a murderer, then I suddenly had flashbacks from the past and there I saw people with the same symbol as mine enslaving, deporting and killing the Seedrian people. I'm in the bloodline of those killers! I don't even know what I am anymore! Am I even human? Was I ever human to begin with? I... I'm just so lost..." You explained, feeling tears rolling down your cheeks once more. "What am I supposed to do..? Cosmo hates me because I killed her population..."