Black Trap

The Typhoon was attacked by some smaller metarex ships 12 hours ago and only 5 hours ago have they started attacking again but left the battlezone soon after. It was strange and Knuckles assumed it was because they were scared of the group but you doubted that; they must have some kind of motif. 5 hours ago, the ship was set on a course and since you were on that course did the attacks become less violent. Sonic suggested that it was because the Metarex wanted everyone to follow this course and so to test this theory, Tails shifted the course of the ship and headed a different direction and then a light beam was shot at it as well as small metarex ships attacked. The Typhoon destroyed all the smaller ships with its defense missiles and once that was over, the ship went back to its original course. 

With this, Sonic's theory was proven correct and so the journey went on until the monitors detected a planet. The monitor on the ship's visor zoomed in on the image of the planet and noticed craters that were created due to countless attacks by the Metarex. However, shockingly, the ship detected 500 Chaos Emeralds inside what seemed to be a Metarex base on the dead planet. Cream mentioned that the detectors shouldn't have picked up the fake Chaos Emeralds but Chris suggested that the Metarex must have use a powerful crystal. 

"Guys look at the monitor!" Amy called and everyone looked at the big monitor in front. A message was being created in a foreign language that none of you could understand. No one except Cosmo.

"I can read it." The green Seedrian said before reading out the message. "Welcome to our universe. I respect you for your courage. I will allow you to visit this planet. One of the four Metarex bosses... Black Narcissus."

"Narcissus huh? The guy must be full of himself." You commented. 

"So he's allowing us to visit him! He gets on my nerves!" Knuckles fumed.

"Be careful Knuckles, you always lose your cool in these situations." Amy warned.

"You don't get to chose my character traits!" 

"Told you so."

You and Chris giggled at the two arguing like a married couple. I swear sometimes you couldn't help but ship those two together. In the meantime, Cosmo continued to read the message displayed but then stopped.

"Is there anything else?" Chris asked.

"No, that's the whole message. Really!" Cosmo replied frantically with her arms in front of her. 

You knew better, she was lying, there was more to this message. You had to find out and so you focused on the message displayed. With your forehead warming up and your E/C slightly glowing, the message became readable to you and so you read the final part of the message which was actually directed personally to Cosmo. 

"Okay! Let's go visit him!" Sonic said.

"He might hold a welcome party for us." Tails added with a confident smile on his cute face. 

"Chao!" Cheese cheered on Sonic's arms upon hearing that. 

"Cheese you really like to eat." Cream commented which made everyone laugh out loud however you noticed Cosmo leaving the bridge and so you followed her. 

You watched her enter the elevator and assumed she was going to the parking room where all the planes were. Hacking into the system of the Typhoon, you made sure Tails wasn't going to be notified that a plane was going to exit the ship. You exited the staircase on the parking floor and sneaked your way inside Amy's plane with your space suit, hiding on the passenger seat. You peaked out and watched Cosmo walk towards the plane. She opened the glass shield and entered inside with a frown on her face. She felt guilty and your heart ached for her. She closed the shield and flew off with you without her knowledgment. Three bright flashes were seen behind you and Cosmo, seemingly to blind the people in the Typhoon to make sure they didn't see you leave. Once arrived in the parking station of the base on the planet, Cosmo exited the plane and walked through the dark hallway with you following behind quietly, blending in the darkness. She arrived in a round room and called out to Black Narcissus, telling him she was here alone, or so she thought. A hatch opened in the center of the circular room and a large but skinny black-coloured Metarex emerged from the hatch in his throne.