II

I spend all weekend decorating my appartment and getting things ready for my work week. Teaching a group of 9 year olds is a lot more exhausting then you'd think. I had been living with and close to my parents my whole life but seven months ago I finally moved a lot further away and got my own small but functional appartment. It's small enough so I don't have to waste a lot of time on cleaning but big enough to live in it.

I parked my car in the parking lot of the school and looked at the still empty play ground.

I got out and took my bag and guitar before walking over to my classroom. Monday starts with music class so monday is honestly the best day.

"Hey Charlotte" Alexa said as she stopped at my door, "How was your weekend?"

"Hey" I said with a smile as I looked at her, "I finally got my place decorated and all ready so it was a productive weekend. How about you?"

"Correcting a lot of homework and preparing for this week but I had fun. Jack and I went to the fair this weekend. You should really go this week, it's a lot of fun and maybe you'll meet someone there." She said with a smile, I nodded softly and she left again to go prepare for her school day.

"Goodmorning Charlotte." Another teacher said as he walked past.

"Morning Sam" I said back with a smile. I looked over to the playground that was quickly filling with kids as the schoolday was about to start.

I looked at the door and saw the first kid already waiting at the door. I smiled at him before gesturing to come inside. Music was his favourite subject so he was always early on mondays.

"Did you practice the song?" I asked as I sat on my desk.

"Yes! I really like the song and I even practiced it on the piano yesterday."

"That's amazing, we can practice the piano during lunch tomorrow so you're all ready for the school festival this weekend."

"I would like that." He said with a smile as he sat down on his place. I liked this kid. He reminded me of myself when I was his age.

Except that I was an even bigger nerd and showed up early every day, even when we had the 'boring' subjects first.

When the bell rang the kids quickly started to come inside and it didn't take long until I saw all faces I had to see.

I don't get how I do it, I make music with 20 kids, but can't even sing for a few adults. We wrote the song for the festival together and every student had a say in it and I loved that. They all were so happy to work on it and seemed to love the music hours.

They had to do a dance too but they learned that with the gym teacher, luckily. My dancing skills are pretty bad.

"We're going to go have a drink with a few teachers, would you like to tag along?" Alexa asked while I was still busy correcting the homework they handed in today. "It's not really a question, we're sort of forcing you to come."

"I still have a few things to prepare for tomorrow and homeworks to correct. Maybe another time?"

"You can do that after, just for an hour or two? You'll be home by 7." She said with a small grin. I let out a sigh before taking everything together and putting it in my bag again. "After living here for 7 months, we're finally getting you to tag along with us."

"It's just this one time, don't expect me to come with you guys every time." I said with a small laugh.

"Oh don't worry, once you know how fun we are, you will want to come every time." She smiled at me and I locked the classroom behind me. My guitar bag over my shoulder and my bag in my hand.

"Did you guys hear the news? Niall Horan is in town and he is possibly coming to the little festival according to his mom. He used to go to this school." One of the other teachers said, I'm pretty sure she taught year 5 but I have no clue what her name is.

"Wait really?" Alexa said with a big smile. "That's going to give the school a lot of publicity."

"Yes, his mom still helps the school out on activities when she has time and apparently she told one of the teachers Niall will come to the festival this year too to see his old school." She said, the excitement in her eyes was so clear.

"I hate to ask but Niall who?" I said a little nervous.

"Niall Horan, part of a boyband that got world famous. Have you been living under a rock?" Alexa asked a little shocked with a small laugh.

"I probably know the music, just not so good in names and not really into boybands." I said with a small smile.

"Here, this is a picture of him. It's impossible that you've never heard of him before. Everyone in this town atleast knows his name." Alexa said as she took her phone and showed me a picture.

"Oh" I said as I suddenly realised why the face of friday looked just a little familiar.

"That doesn't sounds like a good oh." She said as she tilted her head a little and looked at me confused. "He's your age and hot, that should have been a good oh."

"I might have seen him in town last week." I said as I scratched the back of my neck.

"Where?" Alexa asked curiously

"I walked past him when I was at the grocery shop." I lied. They can not know that I go to a bar every friday for karaoke night. They just can't know at all that I go to a bar, what if they think I actually have a social life?

"Oh my god, if he's really coming to the festival you have to try and meet him. You're gorgeous and he's hot. Perfect match." The other teacher said with a smile. "We're both not single, otherwise I would have made sure to introduce myself"

"I'm going to go home, I still have way too much to prepare for tomorrow and for this weekend."

"Oh right, your class is singing a song so you're probably going to make a big impression on him." Alexa said with a grin before I took off. Taking off really is my specialty.