XIX

[christmaspicture of Charlotte and his family beside the tree]
NiallHoran: couldn't ask for a better christmas, it's great being home and continuing with old traditions. It's not midnight yet but merry christmas everyone 🎄

56.198 likes
CharlotteJacobs: you're a stalker.
NiallHoran: @CharlotteJacobs maybe I like being a stalker.
CharlotteJacobs: @NiallHoran creep. Also stop being on your phone and talk to us instead.

"I'm not a creep" he said from beside me as he locked his phone. "I just like taking pictures of people without them noticing"

"That's exactly what a creep does." I said to him with a smile. We were all sitting around the fireplace while the desert was in the oven.

"Maybe but I'm not a creep." He said to defend him.

"Fine" I said with a smile before leaning back, he looked so tired from last night but he tried not to let his parents see that.

"I just want to sleep" he said as he laughed a little and looked at me. "It's not even midnight yet and I am so close to passing out."

"Then stop drinking beer because that's not going to help against being tired." I said with a smile

"Doesn't alcohol fixes everything?" He said with a small grin. I pushed his side lightly before getting up and going to the kitchen to help Maura as the desert was ready.

"Need any help?" I asked and she smiled at me before nodding.

"Thank you for helping and for playing with Theo earlier, he loved it."

"Thank you for inviting me, it was really amazing." I said with a smile. And it was, I celebrated christmas alone last year and every year before it wasn't really celebrated.

"I am glad you are here, I wouldn't want you to have to celebrate christmas alone. Christmas is about being together, with family or friends." She said as she looked at me. "You're always welcome here, don't forget that."

"Thank you." I smiled at her before taking two plates, she took three plates and was clearly a lot less clumsy then me.

"I will go get the last ones." She said when I was about to go back to the kitchen.

I sat back down between Niall and Theo who was playing a game on Greg's phone. He put his arm ontop of the back of my chair while he talked with his dad about an upcomming football game.

All of this happened because I had the courage to go on a stage in a pub on a friday night. It's crazy how such a small event, made me change my life. I did things I never thought were possible for me and found the courage to do the things I was most afraid of.

"Are you alright?" Niall asked me, I turned my head to look at him and smiled when I saw the slight worry in his eyes. I nodded and he smiled in response before removing his arm to start eating. Maura had made applepie for desert and I was very gratefull for that.

"So after desert, it's time for the presents." His dad said with a smile to Theo. He got very excited beside me to finally get his secret santa present. Most presents were for christmas morning but on christmas eve it's secret santa time.

When we were done, Denise and I cleaned the table up while everyone sat down around the fireplace again. I sat down next to Niall again.

"I got a not-secret-santa present for you later, don't worry, it's just something small." He said with a small grin.

"That's good because I got something for you too." I replied as I looked at him.

"Okay, so I will devide the presents and then we will open up from youngest to oldest." Chris said as he handed everyone a present with their name on.