XIII

I seperated from the group when we went past my hotel to get changed for dinner. It was getting way too cold in shorts. I went up to my room and took the braid out of my hair. It was all curly now because it was wet when I braided it. I took a quick shower before going to my suitcase to get my black pants, black/white striped shirt and my jeans jacket. I got changed quickly and put my hair in a high ponytail before taking a look in the mirror.

I took my purse and my phone from the charger to see Niall had already called me and sended me a text to ask if I was still alive. I texted him back to say I was on my way and left my hotel room. I waited for the elevator but when it opened there were 5 fans standing inside.

"Are you still coming in or not?" The detective asked a little annoyed when I didn't move. I gave them a smile before getting in and pressing the groundfloor button.

This is a slow moving elevator that needs to go down 5 levels.

"I can't believe we missing him today. I mean we tracked down his whole instagram story and followed him to the zoo and that museum but he was nowhere to be found." Miss Horan said.

"And we know for sure now that he's with a girl because you could see her reflection in a picture and hear her talking in a video." The detective said with a sigh. I was trying hard to supress a laugh.

"Hopefully they will come out of their hotel tonight to meet some fans." The driver replied as she leaned against the wall.

"There are so many pictures of that girl online already but we still don't have a face or name." The detective said as I saw her scrolling on her phone.

"Are you here for One Direction too?" One of them asked me right before the doors opened and we all got out. I couldn't run now.

"No, I'm here work related." I said with a small smile, "have a great night girls." I walked away as quick as I could without looking suspicious. Once I was outside I walked to the parking entrance of the hotel and looked for my pass in my purse.

I took it out and showed it to the guard downstairs before going to the elevators and to the first floor where the restaurant was. "There she finally is." Liam said with a laugh as I walked towards them.

"I am not that late." I said before looking at my watch. I was literally only 5 minutes late. "Blame it on the slow elevator that I had to share with 5 fans and it was hard not to laugh or scream." I took off my jacket and sat down next to Niall.

"Oh god, are you in the hotel with fans around the corner?"

"Oh yea, I see your faces and hear your music everywhere when I'm in there." I said jokingly.

"And nobody knows you hang out with us, because I've seen a lot of pictures of you guys on social media."

"They asked me if I was here to see One Direction and were gossiping about the identity of the mystery girl. So I think I'm safe for now." I said with a smile before looking around and noticing his parents weren't here.

"They went on a romantic dinner for two downtown." Niall said with a smile as he looked at me, I nodded before looking at the menu infront of me.

"So what did you guys do today?" I asked after we all ordered.

"I don't think any of us were awake before 12. We had a very lazy day." Louis said with a smile.

"You had a lazy day, Liam and I went out to meet some fans and went to the gym. We actually did something." Harry said as he looked at Louis, "we did sleep untill 12, that's not a lie."

"I should probably go out on my own for a little to meet some fans too tomorrow." Niall said with a small sigh.

"Not looking forward to it? You're usually the one that is the most excited to go see fans and tell us to do so." Liam said as he tilted his head a little while watching him.

"I know, I just really don't feel like it now." He replied with a small smile.

"I get it" Harry said shortly before looking at me "You have to tell me how on earth you even got him to go see a museum."

"According to him it was my enthousiasm and stories that made it 'fun'" I said as I looked at Harry, "I sometimes get a little too enthousiastic when talking about things I like."

"We had a group of old people following us and listening to your stories, that's not just a little enthousiastic. They wanted to give you a tip and pay you for being such a good guide." Niall said and the guys all laughed. I just smiled as I looked at him. "I have never met someone who is able to make something so boring a little fun."

"So they actually thought that you were a guide?" Louis asked

"Yeah they did, the museum people weren't that happy about my presence." I said with just a little shame.

"My parents absolutely loved it. Said they had never had such an interesting day sight seeing in a city with me."

— Niall's POV —

"Don't leave her alone untill she's save in the hotel. She's going to try and make you leave and stay here but she should not be alone on the street right now. The chance is there they already know she's here with us and it's late so just make sure she gets in the hotel alright?" I said to one of our security guys. She was still talking with the other guys but even though we asked again, she didn't want to go to a bar with us. But I didn't want to let her walk to her hotel alone this late.

She said her goodbyes to the other guys before coming up to me. "So you will text me when you get back from the interview, right?" She asked and I nodded "I am seeing your parents at 10 to go on our own tour so I will let you know where we are by then. It's going to be a lot of museums tomorrow so that will be fun, for us, not for you, you will be bored and your only amusement will be my enthousiasm."

"I look forward to another day filled with your enthousiasm and boring museums."

"And a lot of walking." She added before giving me a hug. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said before walking to the security guard and friendly introducing herself.

"You like her, don't you?" Harry asked me when I joined them to go to the hotel bar.

"She's just so different from anyone else I've ever met." I said with a smile as I thought of her. "But it's friends, nothing more. She hasn't verbally told me that, but I know she couldn't do the long distance or move to LA."

"We all need some great friends in our lives, so if that's all you guys will be, be happy about that. Because I can see she definitely is someone you don't get bored around easily." He said with a smile "I mean she got you to a museum and you're going back tomorrow, that's very rare."