VIII

"So I assume I can't ask about your family?" He asked and I shook my head. "Okay, then that's the rule." He said with a small smile as he looked at me.

"Thank you." I said before thinking about a question for him. "What would you have done if the X factor didn't work out like this?"

"I don't know, I always wanted to do something in music so maybe a music teacher or something else in the music industry." He said silently as we kept walking around "Did you always want to become a teacher?"

"I wanted to become an astronaut." I said laughing a little, "I moved around a lot while in Belgium and Spain, changing city every year or sometimes even after 6 months. So making friends was a rare thing for me so I read, a lot. I was and still am fascinated by the universe and the way it works."

"How do you end up as a teacher for 9 year olds when you're fascinated with the universe?"

"It's my turn for a question." I said with a small grin and he smiled in response. "Is it true that you've only ever read one book in your life and that that was for a school assignment?"

"I watched the movie" he replied laughing softly "but I've read a few more books the past years. It was true untill about 3 years ago. Now I've read like 4 books."

"I ended up teaching because I failed my first year of university so badly that I had to choose something else. I like working with kids so that's how I ended up teaching 9 year olds. I had to make a choice, if I failed again I wouldn't be able to finish any studies due to money issues. So I started studying for teacher and passed every year with ease. I don't regret the choices I made, because I like my job." I said to reply on his previous question.

He smiled and nodded before we walked out of the cathedral again. "So what are we going to do now?"

"You were going to show me around town." I said as we walked back to my car.

"Well, there are about 24 pubs in a 1 mile radius, there's a cathedral and I think that's it honestly. You've got about two streets with shops in the town center and that's it."

"You're forgetting the casino and the lakes."

"So you've been sigh seeing already?"

"The first day I came here. I was just curious to see what you had to show me." I replied laughing. "What's the worst thing about being famous, except for missing your family?"

"No privacy, at all. They try to get to know everything, I can't keep any details about my dating life private and I often get stalked down the streets." He replied with a sigh "Did you come back here because it's your birth town, or because you found a job here?"

"Both, I didn't lie when I said I moved here because of the job and appartment I found and because it would be nice to get to know the city I was born in." I said while we sat in the car. "I'm wasting a question on thisone, but do you like videogames?"

"I do" he said laughing a little.

"As we both got nothing to do and no places to go see, do you want to play video games or watch a movie or something?"

"That sounds great but I don't really have any games here in Ireland."

"Oh don't worry about that." I said with a chuckle before starting the car and driving to my place.

"I'm having so much trouble in figuring you out Charlotte. You're a surfing, videogame playing nerd. That are things you don't often hear in the same sentence."

"I'm pretty weird." I smiled at him shortly before we drove back to my place silently. I parked my car in it's spot and got out. "Don't expect too much from my appartment."

He nodded and followed me upstairs. I unlocked the door and pushed it open, leaving it open for him to walk in. I took my shoes off and put my jacket back in it's place before taking my sunglasses off and taking some time to adjust to the lighting.

He was looking around while he followed me to the living room.

"Why is there not one picture in your appartment?"

"Pass" I said with a small grin before taking the box with videogames. I opened it and put it on the table for him to choose. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"As long as it doesn't contain alcohol, it's fine by me." I smiled before going to the kitchen and taking two glasses of water. I'm boring alright? "It's weird that this is only the fourth time we see eachother, it really feels like we've known eachother for a long time."

"It does, I'm usually pretty closed off and I rarely speak but it just goes easy with you." I said with a smile. I turned off the tv and put the game in that he chose before taking out both consoles and handing him one. "I have to warn you that I'm good at fifa."

"You keep surprising me." He said with a smile. We chose our teams and started the game. I went all up in the game but so did he. Turns out he's just as competitive as I am.

"Fucking hell, that's cheating Horan!" I yelled whenhe pushed me lightly so my fingers slipped off the buttons just long enough so he could take over. It was even now and I was not going to let him win.

"You are so competitive Jacobs" he said laughing when I made sure I was one point a head of him before the end of the game.

"Yea but atleast I won." I said with a smile before standing up and walking to the kitchen to get some food and something against my headache. When I walked back in he was looking through the books I had lying on the table.

"You're definitely a nerd." He put down the book he was looking through and looked at me

"I still got boxes of books that aren't unpacked yet" I said with a smile before putting the chips down on the table "I'm going to change into something more comfortable, so if you want to do a practice round, feel free to do so."

"I can easily beat you. I was just distracted."

"There's literally nothing here to get distracted. Because like you said, no pictures." I closed the door from my room and took out a pair of jeans and an oversized sweater. I got changed quickly before going back to the living room where he was still looking through my books.

"Who are they?" He asked as he looked at a picture that was apparently sitting between pages of a book. I looked at it quickly before taking it out of his hands.

"Pass" I replied with a small smile before putting it on the table upside down. "Ready to loose again?"