In the [Prelude] (1)

"That was heavy-handed," Fei Chuan informed the revolving comet, which had turned back from the ankle bracelet. "You could have just said please." 

"Time's up. Please and thank you. You're welcome, white rabbit." 

"...white rabbit?" 

"No interruptions. Information. And the world moves on." 

Before Fei Chuan could ask anymore, a notification popped up. 

[World 01. [Villain] : 

Gu Song is the child of a courtesan and a CEO, born out of wedlock. His mother's reputation as the court flower fell drastically when she gained a bastard son. Fearing that she'd get kicked from her job, Gu Song's mother took up prostitution work in order to maintain favor. However, she hated her son and refused to have him around regardless of if she were entertaining customers or not. 

Gu Song's father, the noble, wanted to marry the young daughter of a conglomerate head, but feared that his illegitimate son would ruin his chances if he comes to light. Thus, Gu Song's father contacted the mother and they both agreed to seclude Gu Song off in a temple. 

A month later, however, the father remained uneasy and sent assassins over to the temple to remove Gu Song from the picture. The assassination appeared to be successful, as Gu Song had disappeared. 

Fifteen years later, a serial killer by the name of "Doctor" appeared. He was nicknamed so because of the in-depth dissection of his victim's corpses. The Doctor struck all along the coast, claiming over 20 lives. The first two included a little known prostitute at love house, and the Gu Corp CEO. He was finally stopped by a rookie police officer, the [Protagonist], who rose to fame immediately after. 

The Doctor's catchphrase: "Everyone bleeds red."]

Fei Chuan didn't know what to say. Was the kid truly twisted to that extent? Thinking that his last words had been repurposed as a serial killer's motto...ouch. 

But Fei Chuan frowned, "That's it? The temple doesn't even have a sentence dedicated to it?" 

The screen ding'ed, and immediately refreshed. 

[Task 01 DescriptionDuring his time at the Temple, Gu Song found himself under the constant scrutiny of the Overseer. The oppressive atmosphere of the Temple forced Gu Song to suppress his anger and blood thirst, until it ultimately exploded out.] 

.... 

....well....fuck. 

So Fei Chuan was the one to drive a kid into murder. Fantastic. 

Only...why was this a Task Description? It's understandable if this were calculated as the result of Fei Chuan's messing up, but for it to be a part of the description....was this scripted? Had Fei Chuan's role been to push Gu Song into a corner the whole time? 

The comet before him flashed at this moment. "And the world moves on. Move on. Thank you. Would you like to return to the Eternal Sands?" 

A message overlaid the screen in front of him. [Departing will seal away all files related to previous worlds. Would you like to continue with this action?] 

Fei Chuan wanted to see what other information there was about Gu Song's world. Namely, the role of the protagonist who showed up in the last sentence only. "No, actually, I'll st---"

 He was interrupted when the comet flashed several times, each brighter than the next."Very well. Proceeding on with next task." 

"I was responding to the screen, not you!" 

[World 02: The Bastard Child. Would you like to begin?] 

Fei Chuan paused. Wasn't Gu Song a child born out of wedlock? Was he going back to the same world as before? Not that it mattered, since the comet selected for him again. 

[Yes] [No] 

"Can you possibly ask my opinion first?!"